Become a Resident Assistant
Build Community as You Lead Others
Gain the unique opportunity to grow as a leader as you to speak into the lives of the students in your residence hall. As a Resident Assistant (RA), you’ll make a difference on campus as you prepare for your future career with practical leadership training and hands-on experience.
Every year, the Office of Residence Life seeks male and female Christian students of strong character to be actively involved in the development and growth of our residential students. We are primarily looking for highly motivated individuals with a strong work ethic who can help maintain the integrity of our housing facilities while building community.
Benefits of Being an RA
- Support others while you set the tone for a great year in your hall
- Obtain the RA scholarship which covers your entire room-and-board expenses and a portion of your tuition
- Participate in leadership development opportunities through orientations, training, and RA Connect (a biweekly RA class)
- Receive mentoring and discipleship by your Resident Director (RD)
Note: RAs have already been selected for the 2022-23 academic year. Please see below for details on applying to be a Resident Assistant for the following year.
RA Selection for 2023-24
- You must profess a relationship with Jesus Christ and demonstrate obedience to Jesus through the Fruit of the Spirit.
- You must demonstrate for yourself and for others that the gospel is sufficient to change lives.
- You must be a student of Liberty University in good standing in both academics and conduct.
- You must be enrolled at Liberty during the RA application process.
- Your cumulative GPA (including Fall 2021) must be 2.5 or above to apply.
- Past discipline records may be considered during the application process.
- You must read the University’s Doctrinal Statement and show respect toward both it and the traditions of the University, never detracting from them in word or deed.
- You must have the availability to carry out the RA responsibilities.
- You may not student-teach or be a junior Nursing major either the Fall or Spring semester of the 2022-23 school year.
- Special evaluation will be given to applicants in certain academic programs that may pose a significant challenge to successfully completing the RA duties (e.g., Nursing, Business Policy).
- RAs for the 2022-23 school year may not participate in extracurricular activities (e.g., athletic teams, debate, marching band) that conflict with RA duties and responsibilities.
- RAs are required to remain on campus during key times of the year known as blackout days. These include but are not limited to RA Training in August, Residence Life Banquets, CFAW, Spring Orientation, Graduation, etc.
- October 17, 2022: RA Interest Meeting | 7 p.m. | LaHaye Event Space
- October 28, 2022: RA Applications Due
- November 4, 2022: Applications and RA endorsements are due
- January 27, 2023: First round of cuts are announced
- Jan. 30-Feb. 4, 2023: RA Host Week
- February 3-4, 2023: RA Experience Weekend
- February 10, 2023: Final cuts are announced
- February 13, 2023: RA Contract Signing | 7 p.m. | Location: DeMoss 1286
- February 27, 2023: RA Fall 2023 placements are announced