Educational Technology Lab
The Liberty University School of Education Educational Technology Lab provides resources for faculty, staff, and students in Teacher Education and Graduate Education programs with resources, software, and equipment, promoting learning with technology.
- Mondays: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Laptops: Laptops are for individual checkout. These computers may be used by faculty in the classroom. Students may check out laptops for class at the request of faculty.
- FlipCams, Digital Cameras: These may be used for photos or videos in class or for related projects.
- Document Cameras, LCD Projectors: The SOE classrooms should all be equipped with this equipment. However, we do have a limited number of document cameras and projectors for checkout.
- USB Microphone, Headsets: We have a USB table microphone and some USB headsets that can be used for recording audio and video projects.
- iPads, iPad Minis, iPods: These are available for checkout and may be used in a variety of different ways in the classroom and for different projects.
- Apple TVs: These can be checked out along with an iPad or used with an iPhone in any of the SOE rooms that have an LCD TV screen or SmartBoard.
- Swivls: These can be used along with an iPad, tablet, or Smart phone in order to create videos or live stream lectures or events.
- All reservations must be made by faculty through web checkout.
- Suggested request time is at least 24 hours before checkout time. This allows time for equipment to be prepared and checked before use.
- Students may pick up and return equipment, but reservations/checkout requests may only be made through faculty. Faculty assume responsibility for any equipment requested in their name.
- Equipment checked out by students must be checked out and returned during office hours.
- Faculty checkouts should be made for no longer than one week. Special requests may be granted for special circumstances.
- Staff must have supervisor approval to check out equipment.
- In case of a last minute or emergency checkout, equipment may be requested by email.
Dr. Randall Dunn
Director, Educational Technology