The Jerry Falwell Library has an extensive curriculum collection, which is housed in the Curriculum Library on the terrace level. These materials support the School of Education by providing access to a variety of PreK-12 instructional resources and juvenile literature including:
- Teacher edition textbooks
- Teaching materials
- Educational games, manipulatives, and models
- Children’s and young adult fiction and nonfiction
Visit our Curriculum Library Guide for more information on Curriculum Library materials. Materials on educational theory and research can be found in the main collection of the library. Visit the Education Research Guide to learn more about those resources.
Books in the Curriculum collection can be searched in the Library Catalog.
- Easy/Everybody (E) – Fictional picture books for all ages, plus board books, pop-up books, alphabet books, and counting books
- Children’s Fiction (FIC) – Independent reading fiction titles for children in grades 1-6, including classics, award winners, Christian fiction, and contemporary titles
- Young Adult Fiction (YA) – Fiction titles for grades 7+, including Classics, award winners, Christian fiction, and contemporary titles
- Children/Young Adult Biography (B) – Individual and family biographies for children and young adults of all ages
- Children/Young Adult Nonfiction (Dewey) – Bible stories and books about history, science, art, sports, language, mathematics, and technology written in vocabulary that children can understand
- Educational Journals – Variety of titles available online with hard copy housed in the main library
- Children’s Magazines – Several titles in paper format housed in the Curriculum Library
Textbooks & Teaching Resources
Materials include a wide variety of secular and Christian teaching methods and publishers.
- PreK-12 Textbooks (CUR) – Teacher edition textbooks and supplemental materials such as workbooks and transparencies
- Teacher Resource Materials (TRM) – Lesson and activity idea books that are not specific to a particular textbook, including big books, posters, games, and manipulatives for many subject areas
- English-Second Language (ESL) – Materials that assist international students with English language acquisition and help prepare teachers who will work with ESL students
- Standardized Tests – A wide variety of testing materials designed to measure aptitude, achievement, and learning styles