Purchase Parking Decal
- Register Your Vehicle
- Be sure to have your Vehicle Registration on hand.
- How to Use the Parking Application to order a LUPD Decal.
Parking Decal Options
- Faculty & Staff – FS
- Commuter Student – CS
- Residential Student – RS
- Freshmen Student – FF
- Reserved Parking-R#
- Motorcycle- MC
All parking permits will be mailed through September 22, 2023. After that, Decals may only be picked up at the LUPD Front Office Desk.
- Resident Students: Decal will be delivered to the Student Mail Center (at the old Reber-Thomas Dining Hall). Postal services will send an email notification for pickup.
- Faculty/Staff and Hybrid Employees: You’ll receive your parking decal through intercampus mail to your department.
- Remote Employees: You’ll receive your parking decal through the mail to the address listed in the contact info section in your myLU portal.
- Commuter Students: You’ll receive your parking decal through the mail to the local commuter address listed in the contact info section in your myLU portal.
Once you have completed vehicle registration and requested your decal, you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
This email will serve as your temporary parking decal until your actual decal arrives. Print the confirmation email off and place it in your vehicle’s dashboard prior to parking on campus.
Pay careful attention to the expiration date on this email. If you haven’t received your decal by the expiration date, it is the individual’s responsibility to go to LUPD and obtain a replacement decal. Failure to receive your parking permit through the mail is not a valid reason for parking on campus without a permit.
LU Parking System
Residential students will have separate parking lots from commuters, faculty, and staff and will not be allowed to park in designated commuter, faculty and staff lots. This new system allows the same designations from previous years to be interchangeable.
Most of the residential-only lots from previous years will continue to be residential only. However, if a resident student chooses to drive to a different dorm to visit a friend or to work on a group project, they are able to park in a legal parking space without fear of being towed. This also applies for commuters, faculty, and staff.
Most of the same lots are available for commuter, faculty, and staff as they were in previous years; this year the only difference is that if your lot fills up, you do not automatically have to go to Satellite Parking.
Satellite Parking is still available. However, you may choose to park in any other commuter, faculty and staff parking lots that has an open parking space, without fear of being towed.
If a commuter chooses to park in the Garage for class but wants to go to the gym after, they no longer have to catch the bus if they do not wish to. They may choose to drive down and find a closer parking space to the gym during enforcement hours.
We believe this system will give students, faculty, and staff more flexibility when parking on campus.
It is your responsibility to read and understand the traffic and parking regulations posted on the LUPD website and to stay up to date with announcements posted on myLU, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram that may affect your parking status.