To be eligible to apply for a Career Mobility (CM) you must meet the following criteria:
- You have been in your current position for at least 1 full year if you are a full-time employee or 6 months if you are a part-time employee. You may not apply early.
- You are not on a corrective review for your current position.
If you are not qualified for a CM-based on one or more of the two criteria stated above, your application will be marked as “Not Qualified” and will not be processed for the specific position(s) for which you do not qualify to transfer.
Applying For Career Mobility
In order to apply for a Career Mobility (CM), you must complete the following steps:
- Go to https://careers.liberty.edu/ and choose to create an online staff application.
- Create a user account and then complete a staff application.
- Complete a Career Mobility Application.
- Print and complete one unique CM form per position to which you wish to apply (i.e. if you want to apply to 3 different positions, you will need to complete 3 different forms).
- Ask your supervisor and the Department Manager to sign all of your CM forms.
- Scan your CM forms as separate PDF files on to a computer.
- Find the position to which you wish to apply and click the “Apply” button within that specific posting.
- Review your application and then answer any supplemental questions.
- When you arrive at the screen where you can attach supplemental documents, attach the unique CM form PDF file that you completed for that position.
- You may attach any other documents as well if desired or required by the position.
- Human Resources will not accept or process any paper CM forms. All CM forms must be submitted digitally with an online staff or faculty application in order to be reviewed/processed.
- All current staff employees (full-time and part-time) are required to attach a CM form at the time that they apply for a new position. Failure to attach a CM at the time of applying to a position is counted as failure to complete the application and may result in automatic disqualification for the position.
- You may apply to as many different positions as you wish so long as you attach a unique CM form to each position at the time that you apply to it. You only have to create an online application one time and it will save in the system for one year. However, each subsequent time you wish to apply for a new position, you will need to complete a new CM form for that position.