Eligible employees of Liberty University are provided a wide range of benefits. The information below is for current employees looking to learn more about Liberty’s benefit offerings. If you have questions, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a benefits meeting with our team members by using the button below.
To update your benefits due to a qualifying life event please visit the employee benefits portal and check out the additional resources below:
Liberty offers 2 medical plans through Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield. Key Care High Deductible Health Plan
- $1,600 individual deductible or $3,200 deductible for employee + 1 or more members
- Plan pays 100% for in-network providers after deductible.
- Pharmacy – $10/$30/$50 or 20% to $200 after deductible.
- Option to contribute pre-tax dollars to Health Savings Account (HSA)
Key Care 400 PPO
- $40 co-pay for general practitioner/specialist office visits, $100 Urgent Care, $250 Emergency Room.
- $400 deductible per person or $800 family (higher out-of-network deductible under Key Care).
- Pays 80% after deductible is met.
- $4,500 Out of Pocket per person or $9,000 per family (higher out-of-network maximum under Key Care).
- Pharmacy –Mandatory Generic Drug Program with a co-pay of $10/$30/$50 or 20% to $200.
- Option to contribute pre-tax dollars to Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Vision – Both plans provide vision coverage:
- $15 Annual eye exam/ free contact lens fitting.
- $130 retail allowance for frames or contact lenses.
- $25 charge for eyeglass lenses and reduced rates for upgrades.
Liberty offers 2 dental plans through Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield. Clean Plan
- $50 deductible per person or $150 family. $1,500 maximum annual benefit.
- 2 free cleanings per year.
- Pays 80% of simple restorative and 50% for complex restorative care after deductible.
- Pays 50% for orthodontic care through age 19. $1,000 maximum benefit.
- $0 deductible per person. $4,000 Maximum Annual Benefit.
- No coverage for cleanings
- Pays 80% for simple restorative and 80% for complex restorative care after deductible.
- No coverage for orthodontic care
In addition to our medical plans, Liberty University has partnered with a select network of participating primary care providers, Collaborative Health Partners (CHP), to offer employees, covered spouses and children improved access to high-quality primary care services at no out-of-pocket cost. Learn more about Direct Primary Care Benefits at Liberty University
Liberty offers basic group life & disability & supplemental life insurance through The Hartford. Group Life & Disability
- Includes Short Term & Long Term disability insurance
- Term life insurance that’s driven by employee’s base pay
Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Life up to 5X earnings or $300,000
- Spouse Life that is 1/2 of employee’s life coverage up to $250,000
- Child Life – $10,000 coverage
Paid Time Off
Liberty offers all benefitted employees the following amount of paid time off:
- 120 hours of vacation
- 40 hours of sick/personal day
- 72 hours of holidays over 8 holidays.
- 40 hours of additional vacation upon the employee’s 6th year of service
- 40 hours of additional vacation upon the employee’s 11th year of service
Liberty’s education benefits allow you to continue your education at little to no cost and your dependents* to do the same! Liberty’s education benefits cover:
- 100% of tuition for classes taken at LU**
- Up to $1500 toward classes at other colleges & universities
- One degree at each level: associate, bachelor’s, master’s, postgraduate, and doctoral
*Covered dependents include spouses and unmarried children who are claimed on the employee’s federal tax return. **Some programs at the College of Osteopathic Medicine and School of Law are excluded. Learn more about Education Benefits at Liberty University
Liberty has several retirement plan options through Transamerica.
- 403(b) or 403(b) Roth with a 100% match up to 5% of an employee’s base pay.
- 457 (b) plan for employees who max out their 403(b) to create even more sheltered retirement savings.
- Faculty are fully vested from initial enrollment.
- Staff are vested on a 5 year graduated schedule.
Enjoy wellness benefits through an Early Bird membership with Liberty’s LaHaye Recreation & Fitness Center This membership allows faculty and staff to utilize the LaHaye Recreation & Fitness Center at certain hours and David’s Place at all operational hours for free. Standard Group Exercise classes that are within the Early Bird hours are also included.
Find Care and Estimate Costs For Doctors Near You
Visit the Anthem portal to find doctors, hospitals, and more in your plan’s network. Get detailed estimates for procedures or services (not available with some plans). You can do a basic search as a guest to find out if a doctor, hospital, or other care provider is in-network.
For a basic search as a guest, use the following information below:
- Medical: Keycare PPO
- Dental: Dental Complete