Welcome to Workday
Liberty University is excited to roll out a new HCM (Human Capital Management), Payroll, and Benefits tool that will help organize and increase our efficiency across most of our HR services. Workday will allow us to consolidate many of our tools into a single, convenient, and organized application that may be accessed anywhere on almost any device. As this entire product suite is rolled out over the life of the multi-phased project, prospective and current employees will be able to use this one-stop shop for all of their HR needs.
Accounts/Permissions are provisioned from the Workday Project team. If you do not have access, your supervisor will submit a request through the IT HelpDesk and provide instructions on how to log in once the request has been processed. There are a series of different instances or “tenants” provided by Workday. For more information, please read the article for Workday URLs.
Need some help figuring something out in Workday? We’ve got resources for you! If you’re an employee looking for resources on how to complete something in Workday for yourself, review the list of common employee as self processes you may need to complete.
How do I change my direct deposit?
Workday allows you to have multiple payment elections. So if you wish to for example put a % of your pay check in savings automatically and then another % of your paycheck into your checking you can do that. Workday allows you to have up to 5 different payment elections. To update your payment elections:
- Type Add Payment Elections in the Workday search bar.
- A message may appear stating you already have setup payment elections. Click OK
- You will now see 2 boxes, one with your current configured bank account(s) and then your payment elections. Under your bank accounts click Add and type all of your relevant bank account information into the fields. (Note: You do not need to enter a bank identification code).
- Now find your payment elections and click Edit and then click the addition symbol in the top left hand corner (see screenshot below). You’ll also fill out the other mandatory fields and be able to select what percentage or amount of your paycheck you’d like to go toward that specific account.
- Click OK to save your payment elections. These changes will be effective for your next pay check as long as the changes have been made at least 4 business days prior to the pay date.
How do I change my tax elections?
- Under your worker profile, select the “pay” tab on the left-hand side.
- Select the “tax elections” tab at the top of your screen. Then, choose the “update” button at the bottom of the screen
3. Enter desired changes (ex. marital status, dependents, withholdings, etc.).
4. Check the “I Agree” box at the bottom and submit.
How do I change my HR address?
*Non-remote workers must have a Lynchburg address as their HR address for payroll tax purposes.
To update your HR or mailing address:
- Sign into your Liberty account at mylu.liberty.edu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the contact section and select the pencil “edit” icon.
- Once all edits have been completed, select the “save changes” button at the bottom.
How do I update my legal name?
To update your legal name:
- Search “Change My Legal Name” in Workday. Select the blue task.
- Enter desired name changes.
- Attach a current SSN card, then select the orange “submit” button at the bottom
- This process will route to HR for final approval.
How do I change my marital status?
To change your marital status:
- Under your worker profile, select the “personal” tab on the left-hand side.
- Select the “edit” icon under the Personal Information tab.
- Enter the new marital status and date
4. Select the orange “submit” button at the bottom of the screen.
How do I change my profile picture?
To update your profile picture in Workday:
- Navigate to www.liberty.edu/flamespass.
- Select the “Request Flames Pass” button.
- Select “Change Your Photo” button.
Please allow 24-48 hours after submission for your picture to be updated in Workday.
How do I clock in when Workday is down? What is Workday’s maintenance schedule?
Generally, Workday will be unavailable on Saturdays from 2–5 a.m. EST. Quarterly maintenance windows can last longer, making Workday unavailable from 2 a.m.–1 p.m. EST. These maintenance windows may impact your ability to access the system to clock in and out. Employees who are unable to access Workday during a planned maintenance window should email their time punches to their Time & Absence Approver so that they can be updated in the system.
|Weekly Service Update||Weekly||
Maximum of 3 hours: Saturday 2 a.m. – 5 a.m. EST
|Monthly Planned Maintenance||
|Maximum of 7 hours: Saturday 2 a.m. – 9 a.m. EST|
|Quarterly Planned Maintenance||
|Maximum of 11 hours: Saturday 2 a.m. – 1 p.m. EST|
|Maximum of 3 hours: Saturday 2 a.m. – 5 a.m. EST|