Eligible employees of Liberty University are provided with a wide range of benefits. The information below is for prospective employees looking to learn more about Liberty’s benefit offerings.
Current employees can view more information by visiting the Benefits: Comprehensive page. (Sign in to MyLU to view.)
Liberty offers 2 medical plans through Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield.
Key Care High Deductible Health Plan
- $1,600 individual deductible or $3,200 deductible for employee + 1 or more members
- Plan pays 100% for in-network providers after deductible.
- Pharmacy – $10/$30/$50 or 20% to $200 after deductible.
- Option to contribute pre-tax dollars to Health Savings Account (HSA)
Key Care 400 PPO
- $40 co-pay for general practitioner/specialist office visits, $100 Urgent Care, $250 Emergency Room.
- $400 deductible per person or $800 family (higher out-of-network deductible under Key Care).
- Pays 80% after deductible is met.
- $4,500 Out of Pocket per person or $9,000 per family (higher out-of-network maximum under Key Care).
- Pharmacy –Mandatory Generic Drug Program with a co-pay of $10/$30/$50 or 20% to $200.
- Option to contribute pre-tax dollars to Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Vision – Both plans provide vision coverage:
- $15 Annual eye exam/ free contact lens fitting.
- $130 retail allowance for frames or contact lenses.
- $25 charge for eyeglass lenses and reduced rates for upgrades.
Liberty offers 2 dental plans through Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield.
- $50 deductible per person or $150 family. $1,500 maximum annual benefit.
- 2 free cleanings per year.
- Pays 80% of simple restorative and 50% for complex restorative care after deductible.
- Pays 50% for orthodontic care through age 19. $1,000 maximum benefit.
- $0 deductible per person. $4,000 Maximum Annual Benefit.
- No coverage for cleanings
- Pays 80% for simple restorative and 80% for complex restorative care after deductible.
- No coverage for orthodontic care
In addition to our medical plans, Liberty University has partnered with a select network of participating primary care providers, Collaborative Health Partners (CHP), to offer employees, covered spouses and children improved access to high-quality primary care services at no out-of-pocket cost.
Liberty offers basic group life & disability & supplemental life insurance through The Hartford.
Group Life & Disability
- Includes Short Term & Long Term disability insurance
- Term life insurance that’s driven by employee’s base pay
Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Life up to 5X earnings or $300,000
- Spouse Life that is 1/2 of employee’s life coverage up to $250,000
- Child Life – $10,000 coverage
Liberty has several retirement plan options through Transamerica.
- 403(b) or 403(b) Roth with a 100% match up to 5% of an employee’s base pay.
- 457 (b) plan for employees who max out their 403(b) to create even more sheltered retirement savings.
- Faculty are fully vested from initial enrollment.
- Staff are vested on a 5 year graduated schedule.
Liberty’s education benefits allow you to continue your education at little to no cost and your dependents* to do the same! Liberty’s education benefits cover:
- 100% of tuition for classes taken at LU**
- Up to $1500 toward classes at other colleges & universities
- One degree at each level: associate, bachelor’s, master’s, postgraduate, and doctoral
*Covered dependents include spouses and unmarried children who are claimed on the employee’s federal tax return.
**Some programs at the College of Osteopathic Medicine and School of Law are excluded
Paid Time Off
Liberty offers all benefitted employees the following amount of paid time off:
- 120 hours of vacation usable on the 61st day of employment.
- 40 hours of sick/personal day
- 72 hours of holidays over 8 holidays.
- 40 hours of additional vacation upon the employees 6th year of service
- 40 hours of additional vacation upon the employees 11th year of service
In addition to all the benefits listed above there are other perks for working at Liberty University: