When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Frequently Asked Questions


When do I become eligible to enroll in my benefits?
All employees will be able to make benefit elections within the first 45 days of employment. Employees hired into a benefited staff position have a 60 day waiting period before most benefits become effective. New Faculty is the only class of employees without a waiting period and is eligible upon the date of hire. Employees who do not enroll in insurance when they become eligible must wait until the next open enrollment to add new coverage.

Can the waiting period be waived?
No. The waiting period is for all new employees with this employment classification.

If I leave Liberty, what happens with my insurance and benefits?
When an employee terminates his/her employment with Liberty, Human Resources will cancel all of the individual’s insurance and benefits and notify vendors of termination. Any formal notices of cancellation will be sent directly to the individual from the vendor. Health insurance will be canceled effective the last day of the month in which the employee terminates. A COBRA notice will be sent by Health Equity Wage Works to the employee to provide the option of continuing health insurance at the full cost.

When can I make changes to my health insurance?
When a qualifying event such as a dependent losing other coverage, marriage, turning age 26 and losing coverage, or the birth of a child occurs, employees may make changes to their existing health insurance coverage. Employees not currently enrolled in Liberty’s group health insurance may elect to enroll if the employee themselves loses other coverage. Without a qualifying event, you must wait until annual enrollment which takes place each May and is effective on July 1.

When am I eligible to take vacation and sick/personal time?
Benefited employees are eligible to take vacation and sick/personal time after 60 days of being hired into a benefited position. Holiday time off does not have waiting periods.

What is the process for taking a planned medical leave of absence?
If an employee will be out of work for medical reasons for a period of time greater than 7 days, the employee, or HR absence partner can submit a leave request in Workday. The employee must contact Human Resources so that a determination can be made about Family and Medical Leave (FML). If the employee has disability insurance with The Hartford, the claim needs to be reported to The Hartford. When the employee returns to work, the employee, the supervisor or HR absence partner can submit a return from leave request in Workday along with a doctor’s note releasing them to work. If maternity leave is going to extend beyond the time that the doctor has released the employee to work, the department and HR needs to be notified to determine whether this falls under FML protected leave.

Continuing Education

International Student Workers

Can an International student work more than 18 hours per week?
No. An international student enrolled in a full-time educational program is only allowed to work up to 18 hours per week.

Can an International student work more than 18 hours per week during vacation?
According to US Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, an International student is allowed to work 40 hours per week during any school-sponsored vacation.

Would an international student be allowed to work more than 18 per week during the last week of school or day or class?
No. The semester end date will be on the last day of the week and not when the student completes his/her final exams.

Can an international student work during any holiday?
An international student will be able to work up to 40 hours per week during spring break, summer break, Thanksgiving Break and Christmas Break. Because Easter holiday falls on a Monday and is only one day, the 18 hours per week will apply in this situation.

Student Employment

Where do I find the application for student employment?
In order to apply for a student position, visit the employment webpage: www.liberty.edu/jobs. Select the “Student Work” link in the left-hand column, then Student Job Openings. You will first need to create an application by clicking on the “Create Application” link, located on the left-hand side of the screen. After completing your application, you may return to the home screen to view and apply for student positions.

Once I have submitted my student application, what’s next?
If a supervisor is searching for a student who has the skills and schedule desired for the open position, the student is contacted for an interview. If the department is interested, the supervisor will retrieve the application from the database for review and set up the interview.

Where are the jobs posted?
The student job openings are posted at www.liberty.edu/jobs. Click on “Student Work” in the left-hand column, then click Student Job Openings in the middle of the page.

How do I know if I am eligible for Work Study?
Work Study is determined by the FAFSA, which every student is required to complete. The eligibility is determined by the estimated family contribution. If you are eligible for work study, you should have received an award letter stating such. If you are eligible for work study, the award and the amount is posted on your ASIST account.

May I work in more than one position?
Students may work in only one student position at a time.

Will I be contacted for a job?
Hiring decisions are left to the discretion of the individual, University departments. Our student employment positions are highly competitive. If chosen for an interview, a hiring manager would reach out to the applicant using the information provided on the employment application.

If I am hired, what is the next step?
Once you are hired, your supervisor will give you instructions for the Student New Hire Process. This information is also located on our website. Each student must have an approved student application, hiring paperwork submitted to Human Resources, and Human Resources approval on your Student New Hire Checklist before starting employment. Please note that I-9 verification requires us to review original, government-issued documentation. Please review these required documents to ensure you are prepared to provide them for examination by a Human Resources representative, at the time of submitting your tax documentation. No student worker will be permitted to start to work until the I-9 verification is completed.

Chat Live Chat Live Request Info Request Info Apply Now Apply Now Visit Liberty Visit Liberty