The Payroll team in Human Resources serves to ensure university employees’ earnings, deductions, and taxes are calculated accurately and timely. If you have any questions or issues with your paychecks please contact us and one of our payroll associates would be happy to assist you!
Liberty University employees are paid either on an hourly (bi-weekly) basis or on a salary (semi-monthly) basis. Salaried employees are paid on the 15th and the last day of each month. If this date falls on the weekend, the employee will be paid on the Friday prior to that date. If the pay date falls on a holiday in which the University is closed, the employee will be compensated on the day prior to that holiday. Hourly employees are paid bi-weekly on Fridays.
It is vital that all hourly employees see that their hours are corrected by the payroll deadline that corresponds with the upcoming pay date. Supervisors should ensure that all hourly employees’ time is corrected and approved prior to the payroll deadline. For a list of these deadlines for hourly employees, please see the link below labeled “Payroll Calendar and Important Dates”. Salaried employees should have all of their vacation/sick/holiday requests in and approved by the coinciding pay date. All employees should be using the TimeSaver system for tracking work hours and vacation/sick/holiday requests. For more information on TimeSaver, please see the “TimeSaver” link under the “Current Employees” webpage.
Information regarding payroll for adjunct faculty can be found on the LUO Faculty Load & Compensation page.
Hourly staff, salaried staff, and student workers are encouraged to use direct deposit. To sign up for direct deposit, complete the direct deposit form located in the Forms Library on the Human Resources web page, www.liberty.edu/hr. After completing the form, you must bring it in to the Human Resources office. We require the original signature, therefore, forms cannot be accepted electronically. Please note that you will be required to attach a voided check or some proof of the account and routing numbers provided by your banking institution. Also, if there is a joint-account holder they must also sign the form.
Checks not direct deposited will be mailed on the corresponding pay date and should be received several days after the pay date. All employees, except student workers, can view their paycheck vouchers via the ADP iPay system. For instructions on how to enroll in iPay, click on the link below labeled “iPay Enrollment”. If you are already enrolled in iPay you may click on the link below labeled “View Your Paycheck Voucher Online” to be redirected to the iPay log-in screen.
Keeping your Information Up to Date
Keeping your information up to date is critical to ensure we can correctly calculate your tax information and send important documents like W2s to the right address. You’ll find all the information below you need to keep your payroll information up to date!
Updating your Federal & State Tax Elections
Updating your tax elections can be confusing and difficult. There are many factors that can go into your personal financial situation which makes it impossible for us to be able to advise you on how to fill out the Federal W-4 and your respective state’s tax forms. The IRS does have a tool that can be very useful in helping you complete your W-4 that we highly recommend.
As of January 2023 you’ll be able to view and update your tax elections in Workday. To view and update your tax elections:
- Log in to Workday
- In the top right-hand corner find and click on your worker photo and then click View Profile
- On the left-hand side of the screen find and click on the Pay section.
- In the top menu of the pay screen, you should find and click Tax Elections.
- Here you’ll be able to view and update your Federal and State tax elections.
Updating Your Address
All address updates can be made in myLU. To update your address:
- Navigate to myLU
- In the top right-hand corner click on your profile icon
- Scroll down until you see the address section. Click Edit.
- You will see multiple types of addresses that are stored in myLU. You want to change your Human Resources address type. Make necessary edits and click Save Changes.
Important Note: Updating your address can impact your taxes. If you’re changing states or locals make sure to fill out the necessary, tax paper work and email it to Human Resources. If you’re a student worker who works locally in Lynchburg VA it’s important that your Human Resources address be an address in Virginia.
Updating Your Name
If you get married and update your legal name, you’ll want to have it updated with HR as well. As of January 2023 you’ll be able to update your name in Workday. To update your legal name in Workday:
- Log into Workday
- Type into the search Change My Legal Name and press enter. To update your legal name you’ll need to attach documentation from the social security office of the name change. Once you’ve completed the form in Workday, attached the documentation, and press submit we’ll review and approve the information and your name will be updated for all HR processes.
Employees should direct any questions regarding payroll to their immediate supervisor. The department supervisor should contact the Liberty University Payroll Department with any questions or concerns in regards to payroll via e-mail at HR@liberty.edu, or by phone at (434) 592-7330.
- Hourly/Salary Payroll Calculator
- 2023 Hourly Payroll Calendar Dates And Deadlines
- 2023 Salary Payroll Calendar Dates And Deadlines
- Paystub and W-2 access for Current and Former Employees