Liberty University provides a comprehensive workers’ compensation insurance program at no cost to employees. This program covers any injury or illness sustained in the course of employment that requires medical, surgical or hospital treatment. Subject to applicable legal requirements, workers’ compensation insurance provides benefits after a short waiting period or, if the employee is hospitalized, immediately.
Employees who sustain work-related injuries or illnesses, regardless of severity, should inform their supervisor and the Human Resources Office immediately. This will enable an eligible employee to qualify for coverage as quickly as possible.
Neither Liberty University nor its insurance carrier will be liable for the payment of workers’ compensation benefits for injuries that occur during an employee’s voluntary participation in any off-duty recreational, social or athletic activity sponsored by Liberty University.
I’ve been hurt at work, what do I need to do?
- Get medical care.
- Individuals in the Lynchburg local area must utilize the Panel of Physicians outlined here: Employee Notice – Panel of Physicians
- Employees in these states must find a medical provider (Panel of Physicians) through their state’s workers compensation portal (links below):
- Employees outside of the Lynchburg local area or in all other states must use The Hartford’s provider search to find an approved medical provider in your local area. The Hartford’s provider search is available
- Online at: www.talispoint.com/htfd/external/
- By phone: 1-800-327-3636 (Available Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m)
- Inform your supervisor and HR ASAP by completing this document: Report of Injury or Illness or by filing with your state funded program (links below):
Still have questions about Workers Compensation or filing a claim? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.