Professional Development & Employment Resources
Professional development courses are offered at Liberty University on-site and online for K–12 educators. You can use these graduate courses as continuing education credits, to renew your teacher license, or to pursue a master’s degree.
- Autism Education – The Certificate of Autism Education provides training in current special education trends within Christian, public, and private schools settings. This program will explore the characteristics of and interventions for students with autism, including the emotional, educational, and intellectual tools available to improve their learning environment. (non-licensure)
- Educational Technology and Online Instruction – The Certificate in Educational Technology and Online Instruction is the ideal professional development tool for educators seeking to sharpen their skills in the design, development, and implementation of technology-based learning experiences. Some courses can serve as prerequisites or replacements in the Master of Education in Educational Technology. (non-licensure)
- Gifted Education – The Certificate in Gifted Education is ideal for the educator looking to develop and implement creative teaching strategies for students who are advanced learners. This program is perfect for classroom teachers, guidance counselors, administrators, and parents who wish to improve the learning environments of their children. (add-on licensure available)
- Middle Grades – The Certificate in Middle Grades is ideal for those seeking to teach in a variety of educational environments. This program will assist the individual in becoming a more effective teacher and will provide specialized preparation to reach students in grades 6–8. (non-licensure)
- Preschool Studies – The Certificate in Preschool Studies equips the individual to approach education from a Christian perspective and to establish a firm understanding of early childhood development and behavior. The courses also examine the theories and methodology of Christian education in order to assist those who will work in Christian schools, churches, and the home. Emphasis is placed on the early childhood years within various preschool environments. (add-on licensure available)
Employment Opportunities & Resources
- The Career Center assists both current students and former graduates by providing multiple services that include résumé critique, professional workshop opportunities, career fairs, and other resources.
- Liberty University has partnered with Handshake, a cloud-based solution that connects students and alumni with career opportunities and events. Handshake has more than 500 schools and over 9 million students and alumni in its network. 250,000+ employers and Fortune 500 companies actively use Handshake to recruit