Tau Sigma National Honor Society
The Liberty University Chapter of Tau Sigma National Honor Society recognizes transfer students who have a 3.5 GPA or higher after their first semester at Liberty University.
Transfer students comprise 18% of Liberty University’s new students each Fall and 20% of Liberty University’s new students each spring.
In Spring 2020, Liberty University inducted 727 members, including Liberty University Online.
The honor society is overseen by the leadership of Dr. Brian Yates, Dean of CASAS, and Hailey Manicone, Director of Operations of CASAS.
2020-2021 Liberty Chapter Officers
- President: Josh Bodor
- Vice President/Treasurer: Cailan Doby
- Secretary: Julianna Young
- Online Community Chair: Abigail Culliton
- Technology/Social Media Chair: Madeline Garity
- You must have transferred to Liberty University from another academic institution with at least 24 college credits at the prior institution(s).
- You must be registered in a course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree for an amount of work equal to an average full load (usually 12-15 hours – however, the definition of a full load is left to the discretion of each institution).
- Your minimum academic average required for membership is either a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale at the end of your first semester here at Liberty University.
Scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year will open around October.
- Tau Sigma – Transition and Scholarship
- Red – Courage when facing challenges of transition
- Wheat – Continual harvesting of success in all future endeavors
Tau Sigma was incorporated as a non-profit in 1999 with Auburn University being the home of the first chapter. At that time, Auburn University was becoming increasingly aware of the significant number of transfers on campus as well as the university’s inability to adequately serve them. Tau Sigma was born out of Auburn University’s desire to improve its service to and recruiting and retention of transfer students.
Today, over 100 other universities have established or are currently establishing Tau Sigma chapters in their efforts to improve the services that they provide to their transfer student population.