- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, Regent University
- M.A.R. in Pastoral Counseling, Liberty University
- B.S. in Industrial Technology, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Dr. Roof serves as the Dean of the School of Aeronautics and most recently served as the Online Chair for the School of Aeronautics at Liberty University. He began his experience with the U.S. Air Force followed by executive roles in aeronautics, technology, manufacturing, special mission aviation, and entrepreneurship. Dr. Roof then transitioned into higher education as professor and Dean of Students for a west coast college, before joining Liberty University. He also instructed online for Liberty University since 2012. Today, Dr. Roof enjoys instructing students in the unique aspects of aviation leadership and serving the Online and Flight Training Affiliate teams as they offer aviation education across the U.S.
Aviation Leadership, Aviation Safety, Aerospace Law and Human Factors, and numerous other aeronautics courses. Graduate Organizational Behavior and Leadership.
- Roof, R.A., Bocarnea, M.C., Winston, B.E. (2018). Spiritual Engagement and Positive Leadership: The Promise of Identity-Focused Leader Development. In S. Dhiman, G.E. Roberts, J. E. Crossman, The Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Spirituality and Fulfillment, Palgrave. DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-61929-3_24-1
- Roof, R.A. (2018). Future Oriented Identity: Necessary Leader Transformation through Spiritual Engagement. In J. F. Marques, Engaged Leadership: Transforming through Future Oriented Design Thinking, (Chapter 10). Springer.
- Basit, A. & Roof, R.A. (2017). The Significance of Individual Spirituality and Employee Engagement in Task Performance and Affective Commitment. Australian and New Zealand Associate of Management (ANZAM) Conference, December, Melbourne, Australia.
- Roof, R.A., Bocarnea, M.C., Winston, B.E. (2017). The Spiritual Engagement Instrument. Asian Journal of Business Ethics, volume 6, issue 2, DOI: 10.1007/s13520-017-0073-y.
- Roof, R.A. (2016). The Relationship between Spiritual Engagement and Authentic Leadership: Exploring the Core of Leadership. ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (1791976131)
- Roof, R.A. (2015). The Association of Individual Spirituality on Employee Engagement: The Spirit at Work. Journal of Business Ethics, volume 130, issue 3, pp. 585-599. DOI 10.1007/s10551-014-2246-0
- Roof, R.A. (2015). Spiritual Self-care: The power of Spiritual Disciplines for Leadership Development. Workshop in the Leadership & Organizational Psychology track – AACC World Conference, September 2015.
- Roof, R.A. (2014). Authentic Leadership Questionnaire (ALQ) Psychometrics. Asian Journal of Business Ethics, volume 3, issue 1, pp. 57-64. DOI 10.1007/s13520-013-0031-2
- Roof, R.A. (2013). Decisions in Context: How Culture Shapes the Decision Process. Presented at 13th International Conference on Knowledge, Culture and Change in Organizations, Vancouver, B.C., June 2013.
- Roof, R.A. (2013). Born or Made? The Influence of Personality on Leadership Effectiveness. Workshop within the Leadership & Organizational Psychology track of AACC World Conference, September 2013.
Spiritual engagement, identity formation, and leadership connection