Restricted ATP (R-ATP) Program
Restricted Airline Transport Pilot (R-ATP) Program
Liberty University School of Aeronautics has been approved to offer the Restricted ATP (R-ATP) program.
Liberty University graduates of the online Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics or Bachelor of Science in Aviation may be eligible for the R-ATP certificate at 1,000 or 1,250 hours total flight time provided they completed both their Instrument Flight training and certification and Commercial Pilot Flight training and certification through Liberty University or one of our accredited Flight Training Affiliate locations, while enrolled in the associated AVIA courses.
Eligibility requires graduation with a Liberty University B.S. Aeronautics or B.S. Aviation degree and fulfillment of all FAA mandated R-ATP requirements. Please be aware that in compliance with FAA regulations, LUSOA is required to maintain a record of files for only the preceding two years. Therefore, it is strongly advised that students request an R-ATP certifying statement upon the conferral of their degree.
For more information about this program, please email email@example.com.
- R-ATP Webinar for Residential and Online Students (Recorded on April 12, 2023)
- R-ATP Information Sheet (PDF)
- Liberty University School of Aeronautics R-ATP Letter of Authorization (PDF)
- Restricted ATP Authorized Aviation Coursework (PDF)
- FAA Advisory Circular 61-139 (PDF)
- Commonly Encountered R-ATP Scenarios (PDF)