BS in Aeronautics: Commercial/Corporate
Residential Aeronautics: Commercial/Corporate Program
Prepare for a career in the airlines or in corporate aviation. Through our Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics: Commercial/Corporate, you will gain the expertise, leadership skills, and strong Christian character you need to help you succeed in your career.
As students continue to pursue the Commercial/Corporate and Global Studies degrees, we will consistently strive to create graduates with technical competence and prepare men and women of character.
- Create graduates with technical competence: Through a combination of both classroom and flight training, you will acquire the following certificates and ratings during your degree program: FAA Airplane Pilot ratings for Private, Instrument, and Commercial Single and Multi-Engine Land. Through elective course options, you may also achieve your Certified Flight Instructor certificate, Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument and Multi-Engine Instructor certificates.
- Prepare men and women of character: The purpose of the Commercial/Corporate degree program is to prepare you to become an exceptional aviator, who possesses outstanding knowledge, excellent technical skills, sound judgment, professionalism, leadership, and strong Christian character.
In addition, once you complete the commercial/corporate concentration, you can apply for the few certified flight instructor opportunities available. If selected, you can serve as an instructor with Liberty University’s program to build the flying hours required to qualify for an airline or corporate pilot job.
Over the next 20 years, more than 630,000 new airline pilots will be needed worldwide. Liberty has partnered with various airline and corporate companies that seek our graduates because of their skills, values, and professionalism.
127 credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Courses You Could Take
- Instrument Flight (AVIA 320)
- Commercial Flight II (AVIA 324)
- Multi-Engine Flight (AVIA 440)
- FAA Part 141 Flight Instruction
- Financial Aid Available
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® & Yellow Ribbon Available
- Regional Airline Hiring Agreements
- Restricted “Reduced-Hour” Airline Transport Pilot Program
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Start Your Career in Aviation
Costs & Financial Aid
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.