M.A. in Music Education: Performance
Residential Music Education: Performance M.A.
Enhance your music education career with a Music Education (M.A.): Performance degree from Liberty University. Develop your skills on your primary instrument (including voice), while growing in your knowledge of educational philosophy and the principles of pedagogy. Gain practical, hands-on teaching experience that will help you succeed in your future classrooms.
Learn from experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and integrate a biblical worldview into the classroom. Professors in this degree program hold advanced and terminal degrees in music education and performance, as well as decades of real-world experience in the classroom at every level.
The Liberty University School of Music features 50 state-of-the-art practice rooms, smart classrooms, and a world-class concert hall.
You’ll choose a capstone research project that matches your interests:
- Music Education Curriculum Project (MUSC 687): demonstrate your research through curriculum development and assessment
- Lecture Performance Recital (MUSC 691): express your research through performance and lecture
- Thesis (MUSC 690): complete a comprehensive research paper that can lead to doctoral work
Academic Information for the Music Education: Performance Concentration
39 credit hours
Program of Study
Music Performance Courses You Could Take
- Performance Pedagogy & Literature (MUSC 660)
- Ensemble Pedagogy (MUSC 560)
- Graduate Ensemble (MUSC 589)
- Entrepreneurism in Music (MUSC 675)
Enhance Your Career in Music
Career Opportunities for the M.A. in Music Education: Performance
- K-12 Music Educator
- Collegiate-level Music Educator
- Professional Music Education Consultant
- Director of Community Music Arts Program
- Music Education Supervisor
- School Music Administrator