All incoming School of Music students must complete a vocal or instrumental placement audition for the School of Music. Placement Auditions may be completed In-Person or via Video Submission. See below for details. To be considered for a School of Music New Student Scholarship, visit our Scholarship page. Please note that priority consideration for music scholarships will be given to students who audition and submit a scholarship application prior to January 31, 2024.
- Placement Auditions are designed for our faculty to get to know you and your musicianship. Based upon your audition, our faculty will place you in the appropriate studio for your applied lessons.
- Incoming Students should complete their Placement Audition on their primary instrument.
- While any incoming student may declare a specific music major upon acceptance to Liberty University, the Placement Audition does not by itself secure entrance into a music degree program. This decision is made at the end of the sophomore year, upon successful completion of the Sophomore Review – a required evaluation for each declared School of Music major in order to proceed in his or her chosen program of study.
General Guidelines for Audition Repertoire
Placement Auditions for the School of Music are scheduled in conjunction with the College For A Weekend (CFAW) dates.
To schedule an audition time, please contact the School of Music at firstname.lastname@example.org
For those incoming students who are not able to complete a live audition for placement into your private lessons, you will need to submit a video audition.
- Incoming Students must submit video recordings based on our School of Music Placement Audition Guidelines (PDF).
- Video recordings should be submitted to the appropriate Coordinator of your Primary Instrument. Please reach out to email@example.com to obtain the email of the appropriate Instrument Area Coordinator.
- In addition to your video recordings, please include the following information in your email to the Coordinator:
- Full Name
- LU ID Number (if issued)
- Contact information (email and cell phone number)
- Desired major of study
- Semester you will start at Liberty (e.g. Fall 2024)
- Video audition links
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.