All incoming School of Music students must complete a vocal or instrumental placement audition for the School of Music.
- Placement Auditions are designed for our faculty to get to know you and your musicianship. Based upon your audition, our faculty will place you in the appropriate studio for your applied lessons.
- Incoming Students should complete their Placement Audition on their primary instrument.
- While any incoming student may declare a specific music major upon acceptance to Liberty University, the Placement Audition does not by itself secure entrance into a music degree program. This decision is made at the end of the sophomore year, upon successful completion of the Sophomore Review – a required evaluation for each declared School of Music major in order to proceed in his or her chosen program of study.
- To be considered for a School of Music New Student Scholarship, please visit our Scholarship page.
- Placement Auditions may be completed In-Person or via Video Submission. Please see below for details.
Placement Auditions for the School of Music are scheduled in conjunction with the College For A Weekend (CFAW) dates.
To schedule an audition time, contact the appropriate individual below:
- Vocal – Dr. Samantha Miller, Coordinator of Vocal Studies; email@example.com
- Keyboard – Dr. Tad Hardin, Coordinator of Piano and Keyboard Studies; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guitar – Dr. Michael Brennan, Coordinator of Guitar Studies; email@example.com
- Strings – Dr. Luca Trombetta, Coordinator of Strings Studies; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woodwind – Dr. Cassandra Hibbard, Coordinator of Woodwind Studies; email@example.com
- Brass – Dr. Andrew Phillips, Coordinator of Brass Studies; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Percussion – Mr. Jay Ware, Coordinator of Percussion and Drum Set Studies; email@example.com
For those incoming students who are not able to complete a live audition for placement into your private lessons, you will need to submit a video audition.
- Incoming Students must submit video recordings based on our School of Music Placement Audition Guidelines.
- Video recordings should be submitted to the appropriate Coordinator of your Primary Instrument (see above listing of Coordinators).
- In addition to your video recordings, please include the following information in your email to the Coordinator:
- Full Name
- LU ID Number (if issued)
- Contact information (email and cell phone number)
- Desired major of study
- Semester you will start at Liberty (e.g. Fall 2020)
- Video audition links
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.