Center for Music & Worship
The purpose of the Center for Music & Worship is to train and equip highly skilled musicians to serve as worship practitioners and industry specialists in the evangelical community.
We Accomplish This By:
- Providing practical classroom instruction, local church ministry, publishing and recording, artist development, empirical research, and performance opportunities.
- Offering students a choice of concentrated studies to pin-point God’s calling on their life.
- Training students under world-class professors who serve as mentors to their students and instill superb musicianship and a commitment to excellence.
- Hosting an impressive roster of partner faculty to prepare men and women who will lead and teach worship with passion, conviction, and focus.
A Unique Opportunity
What do you believe God has called you to do? Lead worship? Record music? Write songs? The Center for Music & Worship is uniquely equipped with the faculty, resources, and infrastructure to prepare you for God’s calling on your life. We believe God has ordained this time in history for Liberty University and the Center for Music & Worship to train men and women as the next generation of worship leaders.
Over fifteen years ago, God gave Dr. Jerry Falwell Sr. a vision to train worship leaders who would serve alongside the pastors being trained at Liberty. The Lord has blessed the School of Music, and it is now one of the top ten largest Schools of Music in the United States! Today, the vision continues…This is a unique opportunity. This is our calling.
Goals for the Center for Music & Worship
God has given the Center for Music & Worship the opportunity to influence the development of worship leaders who will impact future generations. It is our goal to:
- Cast vision for the training of 21st-century worship leaders.
- Challenge pastors, church leaders, worship pastors, ministers of music, and students to fulfill their God-ordained role as worship leaders.
- Use worship training curricula, seminars, and workshops as practical tools for developing worship skills.
- Create a sense of mission through meaningful internships.
- Cultivate the talent of young artists and songwriters through publishing and recording opportunities
- Communicate and promote world missions and the glory of God through worship.
Liberty University School of Music is a member of, and accredited by, the National Association of Schools of Music.