M.A. in Music Education
Residential Master of Arts in Music Education
The Master of Arts in Music Education is a 39-hour program that prepares you to teach music effectively in both primary and secondary schools, as well as at the collegiate level.
The M.A. in Music Education provides the following:
- The opportunity for professional music educators to further their studies while continuing their careers
- The advantage of an advanced degree when entering the job market
- A broad understanding of music education, including historical and contemporary musical theories, philosophical and methodological approaches, strategies for curricular design, and research methods
- The skills to meet market demands and the expectations of school administrators by equipping students through innovative training
- A quality, Christ-centered curriculum that lays the foundation to become leaders in the education community
The Music Education (M.A.) degree is also offered online
M.A. in Music Education Concentrations
Lead musicians with excellence. A master’s degree in conducting consists of ensemble teaching courses, advanced conducting concepts, and music applications.
Focus on concepts in ethnomusicology, conducting, contemporary arrangements, music technology, and research behind music education and worship.
Become more equipped to develop awareness in teaching performance. A master’s degree in music performance helps fine-tune your skill and expertise.
Career Opportunities in Music Education
- Collegiate-level music educator
- Professional music education consultant
- Director of community music arts program
- Director of Worship for Conferences
- Support Staff (in large church worship ministry)