Ensemble Auditions – Current Students
The below information is for Current Liberty University students studying residentially, as of Spring 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Opera Workshop Production
- Audition information coming soon!
- Those auditioning should prepare a Mozart song, Mozart aria, or an Italian song.
- More information: email@example.com
Learn about School of Music Scholarship opportunities.
Student Worker Positions
The School of Music hires student workers and work-study students to assist in a variety of areas from monitoring practice rooms, to assisting in the everyday operations of our administrative offices. Any student wishing to apply for student worker or work-study positions must complete an online application with the Human Resources Office.
Learn about music Internships for residential students.
Freshmen, Sophomores, & Transfer Students
We recommend frequently communicating with your professional advisor in CASAS during your freshman and sophomore years. Professional Advisors offer personalized advising for residential freshmen, sophomores, first-semester transfer students, students in academic difficulty, Club Sports and NCAA student-athletes.
Juniors & Seniors
Upon reaching junior status, students should contact their faculty advisor within the School of Music. For more information about faculty advising, or if you have general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointments with the Dean and Associate Deans
If you need to meet with the dean or the associate dean, please email email@example.com.
Appointments with Professors
Office hours are posted on professors’ doors and it would be best for you to set an appointment via email with the professor.
The School of Music is equipped with a variety of practice facilities. These facilities are open for use by any Liberty University student; however, School of Music students receive priority consideration.
Denson Songwriting Lab: The Denson Songwriting Lab includes 8 individual songwriting labs, each equipped with industry-standard software, keyboard, microphone, and speakers. Students must be pre-approved in order to use this space. Approved students wishing to use these rooms must check in with the student monitor on duty at the Terrace Level North entrance near the Food Court at Reber-Thomas.
Keyboard Lab: An electronic keyboard lab with multiple stations, each equipped with headphones, is located on the second floor of the Center for Music and the Worship Arts. Anyone wishing to use this room must check in with the student monitor on duty at the Terrace Level North entrance near the Food Court at Reber-Thomas. Room availability varies.
Mac Lab: Each workstation in the Mac Lab is equipped with Finale, Logic, ProTools, and other industry-standard software. Daytime hours for the Mac Lab vary by semester, based on class scheduling. The Mac Lab is readily available in the evenings from 7 p.m. until closing.
Practice Rooms: 50 practice rooms are located on the Terrace Level of the Center for Music and the Worship Arts. These rooms are available for student use seven days a week (hours of availability may vary). Anyone wishing to use these rooms must check in with the student monitor on duty at the Terrace Level North entrance near the Food Court at Reber-Thomas.
- Regular Practice Rooms: These Practice Rooms are given to students on a first-come, first served basis. Students must check in at the reception desk and will be assigned to an open room. When the rooms are full to capacity, there is a 1-hour time limit (2 hours for performance majors). Practice rooms may be reserved in advance for class-related group rehearsal needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Preferred time and date
- Duration of reservation (max: 2 hours)
- Class number/name/purpose of request
- Number of persons
- Current Practice Rooms Hours
- Sunday | 2 p.m.-12 a.m.
- Monday | 7 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Tuesday | 7 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Wednesday | 7 a.m.-12 p.m. (closed from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. for Convocation)
- Thursday | 7 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Friday | 7 a.m.-9 p.m. (closed from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. for Convocation)
- Saturday | 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Classroom Reservations: If you would like to reserve a classroom for rehearsal purposes, please email email@example.com, and a staff member will reach out to you in a timely manner regarding your reservation.
Academic Tools and Musical Health Documents
- Naxos Music Libraries (online libraries featuring over 2 million tracks of music, 620 videos and more. Subscription provided through the Jerry Falwell Library.)
- MusicTheory.net (useful exercises for Music Theory and Aural Skills training)
- Dolmetsch Staff/Manuscript Paper (an array of different sizes of staff/manuscript paper available for PDF download to print)
- Protecting Your Hearing Health
- Protecting Your Neuromusculoskeletal Health
- Protecting Your Vocal Health
Complete curricular information can be found in the SOM Student Handbook.
Keyboard Proficiency Exam
Each School of Music student must complete the Keyboard Proficiency Exam (KPE) in order to graduate.