Freshmen, Sophomores, & Transfer Students
We recommend communicating frequently with your professional advisor in CASAS during your freshman and sophomore years. Professional Advisors offer personalized advising for residential freshmen, sophomores, first-semester transfer students, students in academic difficulty, Club Sports and NCAA student-athletes.
Juniors & Seniors
Upon reaching junior status, students should contact their faculty advisor within the School of Music. For more information about faculty advising, or if you have general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Music is equipped with a variety of practice facilities. These facilities are open for use by any Liberty University student; however, School of Music students receive priority consideration.
Denson Songwriting Lab: The Denson Songwriting Lab includes 8 individual songwriting labs, each equipped with industry-standard software, keyboard, microphone, and speakers. Students must be pre-approved in order to use this space. Approved students wishing to use these rooms must check in with the student monitor on duty at the Terrace Level North entrance near the Food Court at Reber-Thomas.
Keyboard Lab: An electronic keyboard lab with multiple stations, each equipped with headphones, is located on the second floor of the Center for Music and the Worship Arts. Anyone wishing to use this room must check in with the student monitor on duty at the Terrace Level North entrance near the Food Court at Reber-Thomas. Room availability varies.
Mac Lab: Each workstation in the Mac Lab is equipped with Finale, Logic, ProTools, and other industry-standard software. Daytime hours for the Mac Lab vary by semester, based on class scheduling. The Mac Lab is readily available in the evenings from 7 p.m. until closing.
Practice Rooms: 50 practice rooms are located on the Terrace Level of the Center for Music and the Worship Arts. These rooms are available for student use seven days a week (hours of availability may vary). Anyone wishing to use these rooms must check in with the student monitor on duty at the Terrace Level North entrance near the Food Court at Reber-Thomas.
- Regular Practice Rooms: At this time, most Practice Rooms only allow for 1 person per room. These Practice Rooms are given to students on a first come, first served basis. Practice Rooms and Practice Room pianos are disinfected between each use.
- Larger Practice Rooms: The School of Music does have several large practice rooms available where 2 persons may both rehearse at the same time. These rooms allow for adequate social distancing. In order to reserve one of these rooms, please email email@example.com. Practice Rooms and Practice Room pianos are disinfected between each use.
- Current Practice Rooms Hours
- Sunday | 2 p.m.-12 a.m.
- Monday | 7 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Tuesday | 7 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Wednesday* | 7 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Thursday | 7 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Friday* | 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Saturday | 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
*Closed for Convocation 10:30-11:30 a.m. and Campus Community (Time TBD)
- High Traffic Times: Monday-Friday | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. & 3pm-5 p.m.
- These hours are designated for 2nd year music majors and above. (First year music majors and non-music majors will not have access to practice rooms at these times).
- Classroom Reservations: If you would like to reserve a classroom for rehearsal purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and a staff member will reach out to you in a timely manner regarding your reservation.
- Naxos Music Library (online audio library featuring over 700,000 tracks of music, subscription provided through the Jerry Falwell Library)
- MusicTheory.net (useful exercises for Music Theory and Aural Skills training)
- Dolmetsch Staff/Manuscript Paper (an array of different sizes of staff/manuscript paper available for PDF download to print)
- Protecting Your Hearing Health
- Protecting Your Neuromusculoskeletal Health
- Protecting Your Vocal Health