View a detailed listing of all of our School of Music Scholarships, as well as qualifications, and our online application.
Professional Advisors offer personalized advising for residential freshmen, sophomores, first-semester transfer students, students in academic difficulty, Club Sports and NCAA student-athletes.
Your advisor may be contacted with all questions concerning general education courses, graduation timelines, and correlating course requirements. Upon reaching junior status, students should contact their faculty advisor within the School of Music. For more information about faculty advising, or if you have general questions, please contact email@example.com.
Appointments with the Dean and Associate Deans
Any student needing to schedule an appointment with the dean or one of the associate deans should please contact the School of Music Receptionist, Mrs. Meghan Lambert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Music would love your help during concerts, recitals, College for a Weekend Events, and other special events throughout the academic year. Please check the official CSER Page for more information, registration dates/deadlines, and availability.
Student Worker positions
The School of Music hires student workers and work-study students to assist in a variety of areas from monitoring practice rooms, to assisting in the everyday operations of our administrative offices. Any student wishing to apply for student worker or work-study positions must complete an online application with the Human Resources Office.
Office hours are posted on professors’ doors and it would be best for you to set an appointment via email with the professor.
The School of Music is equipped with a variety of practice facilities. These facilities are open for use by any Liberty University student, however, priority must always be given to School of Music students.
- Keyboard Lab: An electronic keyboard lab with multiple stations, each equipped with headphones, is located on the second floor of the Center for Music and the Worship Arts. Anyone wishing to use this room must check in with the student monitor on duty at the Terrace Level North entrance near the Reber-Thomas Dining Hall. Room availability varies.
- Practice Rooms: A total of 50 practice rooms are located on the Terrace Level of the Center for Music and the Worship Arts. These rooms are available for student use seven days a week (hours of availability may vary). Anyone wishing to use these rooms must check in with the student monitor on duty at the Terrace Level North entrance near the Reber-Thomas Dining Hall.
- Room Reservations: For all room reservations, please email email@example.com, and a staff member will reach out to you in a timely manner to finalize your reservation.
- SOM Student Handbook
- Piano Proficiency Exam
- Faculty Advising (Juniors and Seniors)
- MUSC 396/496 Song Selection Form
- SOM SharePoint Calendar
- Graduate Intensive Schedule
- Application for B.M. in Artist Development
- Application for B.M. in Songwriting
- Naxos Music Library (online audio library featuring over 700,000 tracks of music, subscription provided through the Jerry Falwell Library)
- MusicTheory.net (useful exercises for Music Theory and Aural Skills training)
- Dolmetsch Staff/Manuscript Paper (an array of different sizes of staff/manuscript paper available for PDF download to print)
- Protecting Your Hearing Health
- Protecting Your Neuromusculoskeletal Health
- Protecting Your Vocal Health