Marketing Slide Policy
Effective immediately, departments will have the creative freedom to design their own TV screens and myLU slides. With that, Marketing will no longer offer TV screens or myLU slides as a design service.
TV screens and myLU slides should be designed by departments and sent directly to email@example.com. At that point, Web Content will review the art and, if the art meets the outlined standards for submission, then it will be posted. Art does not need to be submitted to a Marketing team for approval prior to being sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Departments are welcome to create their own art using the design program of their choice. For those who would like a more straightforward option, we have created templates that can be easily edited using Adobe Acrobat (see templates below).
Below is a list of guidelines to help ensure all submitted art meets university standards. Web Content will be using these guidelines as a reference as they are reviewing art. It is important that departments keep these points in mind while creating their designs to prevent delays due to required revisions. Individuals who repeatedly submit art that does not meet the outlined standards will be at risk of losing posting privileges.
Design Standards for Submission
- Run spell check
- Dates (confirm that days match the actual calendar date)
- Times (correct format, e.g. 10 a.m.)
- We suggest no phone numbers (because of space)
- We suggest no wordmarks because slides are internal
- Make sure the event location is correct and is also named correctly (e.g., Green Hall not North Campus)
- Follow AP and LU style guides (see Style Guide Quick Tips)
How to Create Your Slide
- Submit a ticket to IT for access to Adobe Acrobat DC if you don’t already have it.
- Click the template you want from the options below.
- Download the file and open it with Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Click “Edit PDF” in the “Tools” panel and add your event information.
- Save the file as a JPEG when you are finished and send it to email@example.com with run dates for approval.