MFA in Studio Art
Residential Master’s Degree in Studio Art
Earn your Master of Fine Arts in Studio Art in a creative atmosphere where you can develop professionally through courses, seminars, internships, exhibits, and real-world learning experiences.
As the terminal degree for the arts, the MFA will help you perfect your craft as a creative professional while providing advanced training in the theory and meaning of visual imagery. The integration of a Christian worldview in coursework will help you to think critically as you seek to reflect God’s creativity in your work.
Students are accepted into the MFA program through competitive entry. You must submit a professional portfolio to be considered for the master’s program.
Learn How to:
- Conduct advanced analysis of visual imagery in relation to a variety of contexts
- Articulate the theory underlying the meaning of visual imagery
- Demonstrate mastery of advanced concepts related to visualization, ideation, and creation of visual imagery using traditional and/or digital practices.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into best practices for creating visual imagery.
Academics: Studio Art (MFA)
- 60 credit hours
Program of Study (DCP)
Featured 2D Courses
- Mixed Media (ARTS 566)
- Graduate Printmaking (ARTS 670)
- Graduate Life Drawing (ARTS 512)
Featured 3D Courses
- Advanced Sculpture Topics (ARTS 631)
- Grad Digital Application for 3D Arts (ARTS 557)
- Graduate Wood Sculpture (ARTS 735)
- Art Director
- Exhibition Designer
- Gallery Owner or Director
- Museum Services Specialist