MFA in Graphic Design
Residential Master’s Degree in Graphic Design
Earn your Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design in a community where evaluation, critique, and open exchange stimulates artistic excellence and innovation. In our MFA degree program, you’ll complete work in your chosen medium and receive faculty input to help you grow as an artist.
The purpose of the program is to provide professional training for students who wish to pursue a variety of careers in the field of art, as working artists and designers, critics, managers, and directors, or in the field of education as teachers and researchers. The MFA in Graphic Design will provide students with the opportunity to build significant skills in the history, research, practice, and discourse of art and design.
The opportunity to earn your MFA in Graphic Design is also available online.
Students are accepted into the MFA program through competitive entry. You must submit a professional portfolio to be considered for the master’s program.
Learn How to:
- Conduct advanced analysis of visual imagery in relation to a variety of contexts
- Articulate the theory underlying the meaning of visual imagery
- Demonstrate a mastery of advanced concepts related to visualization, ideation, and creation of visual imagery using traditional and/or digital practices.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into best practices for creating visual imagery.
Academics: Graphic Design (MFA)
- 60 credit hours
Program of Study (DCP)
- Advanced Typography (ARTS 524)
- Character Design (ARTS 501)
- Web & New Media (ARTS 600)
- Interactive Game Design (ARTS 574)
- Interactive Publication (ARTS 580)
- 3D Graphics (ARTS 573)
- Internship (ARTS 699)
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- User Interface Designer