When autocomplete options are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select.
Apply Give

Receiving a Refund


How Refunds Work

If eligible, you will receive a refund if you have an excess of funds in your account from financial aid credit (federal, state, and institutional aid) after all direct educational expenses have been paid (tuition, fees, etc.). Account refunds are generated at specific times throughout the semester.

Most account credits happen because federal student loan disbursements occur 21 days after the start of your sixth credit hour (third credit hour for doctoral students). Eligible credits are scheduled to be refunded 4 business days after disbursements. However, schools are permitted by the U.S. Department of Education up to 14 days to process refunds.

Our school delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Visit this link for more information: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoicessso/.

To view our contract, click here: https://www.vibeaccount.com/swc/doc/landing/1dxkim0r4rv9groakjy7

Refund Dates

Financial Check-In (FCI) provides you with two credit-management options:

  1. Selecting “Refund my credit” authorizes Liberty University to process a refund created by an excess of federal aid. You can choose a refund option from our refund management provider, BankMobile Disbursements. For more information about BankMobile Disbursements, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoicessso/.
    If you need assistance, please contact ID & Campus Services.
  2.  Selecting “Hold my credit” authorizes Liberty University to hold any excess aid from federal aid disbursements on their account for future charges. We will not process a refund created by a federal aid disbursement if the student authorizes Liberty University to hold a credit balance.
    • If there is a credit balance from federal aid on a student account, it must be refunded to the student or returned to the U.S. Department of Education before the end of each academic year. 

Federal Parent PLUS Loans

The parent borrower receives the refund through a mailed paper check unless the parent borrower completes a Federal Direct PLUS Loan Change Form, located in the student’s ASIST account under the Financial Aid tab by choosing, “Financial aid Forms,” requesting the refund be sent to the student’s account. Another available option on the form is to request a reduction of loan to only cover the student’s account balance.

Other Refunds

For credit balances not made up of federal aid, you may submit a refund request to the Student Accounts Office. A refund from credit or debit card payments will be refunded back to the original payment card.

Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

Please be advised all Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) invoicing will begin after the D sub-term add/drop period each semester. Students receiving this benefit in addition to using an Online Student Book Voucher may see an additional delay in invoicing of 2-3 weeks. This is dependent on when the Office of Military Affairs receives finalized receipts from the online bookstore to begin invoicing.

Balance After Refunds

Some charges such as the late Financial Check-In fee, Payment Plan Participation fee and Returned Payment Processing fee cannot be paid by Title IV federal aid (e.g. Pell Grant, Federal loans). This means some accounts may have a balance due to be paid even after a refund processed and sent to the student.


Resident students

Online students

Chat Live Chat Live Request Info Request Info Apply Now Apply Now Visit Liberty Visit Liberty