Waitlist Information and Procedures
Important Reminders About the Waitlist
The waitlist allows students to wait for an open seat in a course. Once a seat becomes available in the course the first student on the waitlist will be given the chance to register. If the student does not register within the 24-hour time frame, the seat will then be made available to the next student on the waitlist. Not all courses will have a waitlist available.
- Stay Up to Date
- View your current waitlist position directly from the myLU portal.
- Open the Academics set item and view your waitlist
- View your current waitlist position directly from the registration tool.
- Use the Registration Tool
- Be Prepared
- Make sure that there is nothing that could keep you from registering for the class once a spot becomes available. Make sure that you have met all of the prerequisite requirements and that there are no holds on your account. Check your email regularly. If you miss the notification and do not enroll within the 24 hour period, the seat will be made available to the next person on the waitlist.
- How to Register
- Once you are eligible to register, you will receive an email to your Liberty University webmail account indicating that you have a 24 hour period to register for the course.
Please note that the waitlist will be cleared during add/drop week. During this time you may reach out to your professor directly for approval to be added to the class.