Dr. Oswald Attin
Department Chair/Professor, School of Health Sciences
- Ph.D. in Public Health in Epidemiology, Walden University
- M.S.H.S. in Public Health in Epidemiology, Touro University
- B.S. in Biology, Liberty University
Dr. Oswald Attin serves as a full-time professor of public health at Liberty University and is the Chair of the Department of Public and Community Health. He has a specialization in epidemiology with a special interest in social behavioral epidemiology and Infectious disease epidemiology. Dr. Attin has over 15 years of experience teaching in secondary, faith-based, residential and online high education settings.
- American Public Health Organization
- American College of Epidemiology
- Association for Prevention Teaching and Research
- Society for Public Health Education
- HLTH 485: Principles of Epidemiology and Biostatistics for Business (Online)
- HLTH 501: Biostatistics (Residential & Online)
- HLTH 503: Principles of Epidemiology (Residential & Online)
- HLTH 505: Principles of Environmental Health (Residential & Online)
- HLTH 552: Chronic Disease Prevention and Management (Residential)
- HLTH 554: Medical Terminology en Español
- HLTH 624: Sanitation in Developing Countries (Online)
- HLTH 650: Field Epidemiology (Residential)
- HLTH 651: Epidemiologic Research Methods
- Sexually-Transmitted Infection Prevention
- Community Health Needs Assessments
- Health Issues and access to health care as it pertains to Underserved Populations
Honors & Awards
- Liberty University Semi-Finalist Presidential Award for Teaching Excellence
- Liberty University Employee of the Month
- Southland Christian School Outstanding Leadership Award
- Southland Christian School Teacher of the Year
Select Publications & Presentations
- Attin O, Ogunleye O, Richburg D, Omoruyi L, Schaeffer B. Socioeconomic Status and Barriers Influencing Healthcare Access among Hispanics in Central Virginia. Virginia Journal of Public Health. 2018. 2(1)
- Attin OM, Fox B, Prieto I, Reeves S, Obayemi O, Ojo A. Assessing Risk of Influenza Infection on a College Campus: An Emphasis on Housing Arrangement. Annals of Epidemiology. 2017. 27(9) 459-465.
- Attin, OM. Epidemiologic Research Methods. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett; 2017.ISBN: 9781284009316.
- Attin OM, Fox B, Prieto I, Reeves S, Obayemi O, Ojo A. Assessing Risk of Influenza Infection on a College Campus: An Emphasis on Housing Arrangement. American College of Epidemiology Annual Meeting. September 2017; New Orleans LA.
- Attin OM, Stalnaker, L .Social and Behavioral Risk Factors of Sexually Transmitted Infections in Community College and University Female Students. Liberty University Graduate Symposium. April 2016.
- Attin O. Controversial School Health Issues. Custom. Second Edition. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Create; 2016. ISBN: 978130875703.
- Attin OM, Henderson CA. The application of the Group Theory Model to overcoming Disparities and Inequality. Abstract presented at 66th Annual Society for Public Health Education Meeting; April 24th, 2015; Portland, OR.
- Comparing Two-Year Community College and Four-Year University Male Student Social and Behavioral Sexually Transmitted Infection Risk Factors. Poster presentation. Annals of Epidemiology.2015. 25(9)712.