B.S. in Computer Science: General
General Computer Science Residential Program
Advance your career with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science: General degree where you will train to solve complex problems using computer technology.
Learn how to write and program software, create applications for mobile devices, and develop websites.
With a B.S. in Computer Science, you’ll find out how to develop computing environments that facilitate interaction between people and their computers. You will do this by running computer programs and improving computer processes and performance.
As a generalist in computer sciences, you can focus your degree in areas like:
- Data structure and algorithms
- Information and database theory
- Software engineering
- Numerical analysis
- Computational complexity theory
- Computer graphics
- Programming language theory
- Cyber security and computer vision
The Computer Science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
ABET accredits postsecondary degree-granting programs housed within regionally accredited institutions. They accredit programs only, not degrees, departments, colleges, or institutions.
Academic Information for General Computer Science Degree
131 credit hours
Degree Completion Plan (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Computer Science Courses
- Advanced Programming (CSIS 112)
- Algorithms & Data Structure (CSIS 215)
- Database System Concepts (CSIS 326)
- Operating Systems (CSIS 443)
Computer Science Career Opportunities
- Applications Software Developer
- Systems Software Developer
- Software Architect
- Systems Architect
- Software Engineer
- Cyber Security Architect