Family & Child Development Association (FACDA)
Who We Are
The purpose of the Family and Child Development Association is to enhance the education and careers of Family and Child Development students by providing opportunities to cultivate professional attitudes and competencies through guest speakers, activities, networking, and service opportunities.
- Promote knowledge of content and capabilities of the Family and Child Development discipline.
- Make available the opportunity to meet and foster relationships with professionals in Family and Child Development and explore career opportunities.
- Provide the opportunity for leadership development among members.
- Supply experiences to increase mutual understanding among people of all cultures.
- Support Family and Child Development related to community service.
FACDA’s service projects focus on partnering with Parkview Mission in Lynchburg, Virginia. For the Fall 2018 semester, warm blankets were provided to the neighbors of Parkview. In Spring 2019, the FACDA students supplied mittens, gloves, and socks for all ages to our neighbors at Parkview Mission as a way of being the “hands and feet of Jesus” in our community. We are grateful for this partnership in our community and the opportunity to assist in meeting the specific needs of individuals and families.
Spring 2023 Club Meeting Dates
- February 6
- March 6
- April 17
All meetings are at 5:00 p.m. in DeMoss Hall 4152
Spring 2023 Officers
- Amber Self (President)
- Sarah Kenthack (Vice President)
- Jena Towery (Secretary)
- Abigail Kullander (Treasurer)
- Dorothy Buck (Public Relations)
- Kiannah Hyde (Historian)
FACDA Officer Meetings:
- January 23 at 4 p.m.
- February 20 at 10:30 a.m.
- April 3 at 10:30 a.m.