Family & Child Development Association (FACDA)
Who We Are
The purpose of the Family and Child Development Association is to enhance the education and careers of Family and Child Development students by providing opportunities to cultivate professional attitudes and competencies through guest speakers, activities, networking, and service opportunities.
- Promote knowledge of content and capabilities of the Family and Child Development discipline.
- Make available the opportunity to meet and foster relationships with professionals in Family and Child Development and explore career opportunities.
- Provide the opportunity for leadership development among members.
- Supply experiences to increase mutual understanding among people of all cultures.
- Support Family and Child Development related to community service.
FACDA’s service projects focus on partnering with Parkview Mission in Lynchburg, Virginia. For the Fall 2018 semester, warm blankets were provided to the neighbors of Parkview. In Spring 2019, the FACDA students supplied mittens, gloves, and socks for all ages to our neighbors at Parkview Mission as a way of being the “hands and feet of Jesus” in our community. We are grateful for this partnership in our community and the opportunity to assist in meeting the specific needs of individuals and families.
Fall 2023 Club Meeting Dates
- September 4
- October 2
- November 6
Fall 2023 Officers
- Sarah Kenthack (President)
- Abigail Kullander (Vice President)
- Jena Towery (Secretary)
- Rose Robertson (Treasurer)
- TBA (Public Relations)
- Dazejah Claiborne (Historian)
FACDA Officer Meetings:
- August 22
- September 18
- October 23