Fall 2020 Internship Meeting Dates
To be announced.
Pre-Register by emailing Matalie Howard at email@example.com.
Include the following in your email:
- Student ID #
Attendance at one meeting is mandatory for all students wishing to intern in Spring 2020.
Registration for Spring 2020 Internships will be announced shortly.
- Upper-level on-the-job experience
- Facilitates your learning in your career choice in a real job environment
- Allows you to make intellectual connections between coursework and on the job assignments
- Increases your professional competence
- Allows employers to assess and train future employees while gaining new perspectives
- Allows you to become a candidate for future employment
- Fall 2019 Internship Flyer
Planning for Your Internship
You should start planning for your internship two semesters prior to when you want to intern.
Clarify your personal goals and expectations for the internship experience before choosing an internship.
- What do you want to do after you graduate?
- What do you want to do five years and ten years after graduation?
- What do you want to learn/gain from an internship?
Once you’ve done that, you’re ready to find the right fit for you. Here’s what’s next:
- Research potential employers and employment opportunities (Internet, parents, relatives, parents’ friends, etc.)
- Make an appointment with Matalie. Howard to view a list of potential sites
- Attend one of the Fall 2020 meeting dates