Fashion Design & Merchandising Association (FDMA)
Who We Are
The Fashion Design and Merchandising Association (FDMA) is a pre-professional organization that promotes student involvement in the fashion industry throughout the university and local community. The FDMA offers students, both fashion-related majors and otherwise, multiple opportunities for community, ministry, and leadership. Members participate in service projects that benefit local and international organizations and also enjoy monthly meetings where they can network with local professionals, entrepreneurs, and student-led businesses. The FDMA also fosters personal connections between its members by offering refreshments before and after each meeting as well as hosting an annual semi-formal gala at the end of each academic year.
Seeking to prepare Christ-centered professionals for the fashion industry
Members of FDMA leadership are further able to participate in club-related activities by attending Student Government Association events, planning and conducting meetings, recruiting key-note speakers, and planning the annual gala. Students are elected each spring for the following academic year. FDMA Leadership will receive a recommendation letter from the Faculty Advisor as well as receive a FDMA cord to be worn on graduation day. FDMA offers students opportunities for leadership, fashion career exploration, networking, local and global community service, and monthly club meetings with fashion professionals. Each active member will receive a letter of active participation from the Faculty Advisor.
- A student at Liberty University with an interest in Fashion Design and Merchandising.
- Active participation in service projects during meetings.
- Attendance of 2/3 fall semester association meetings and 2/3 spring semester association meetings.
Fall 2023 Meeting Dates
All meetings are at 5:30-6:30 p.m. in DeMoss 1134 unless noted
- Meeting 1: Tuesday, September 12
- Fabric Search Event: Tuesday, September 26
- Thrifting Event: Saturday, October 21 (time and location TBD)
- Meeting 2: Tuesday, October 24
- Meeting 3: Tuesday, November 14
Fall 2023 Officers
- Freedom Peters, President
- Krislyn Grigg, Vice President
- TBD, Treasurer
- Keturah Andress, Secretary
- Caleb Hibbs, Public Relations & Project Manager
- Caroline Stiles, Social Media Management Officer
- Marie-Valerie Zappardino-Johnson, Historian
All meetings are at 5:30-6:30 p.m. in DeMoss 4116 unless noted
Kim Cashman Faculty Advisor FDMA@liberty.edu