Fashion Design & Merchandising Association (FDMA)
Who We Are
The Fashion Design and Merchandising Association (FDMA) is a pre-professional organization
that promotes student involvement in the fashion industry throughout the university and local community. The FDMA offers students, both fashion-related majors and otherwise, multiple opportunities for community, ministry, and leadership. Members participate in service projects that benefit local and international organizations, and also enjoy monthly meetings where they can network with local professionals, entrepreneurs, and student-led businesses. The FDMA also fosters personal connections between its members by offering refreshments before and after each meeting, as well as hosting an annual semi-formal gala at the end of each academic year.
Seeking to prepare Christ-centered professionals for the fashion industry
Members of FDMA leadership are further able to participate in club-related activities by attending Student Government Association events, planning and conducting meetings, recruiting key-note speakers, and planning the annual gala. Students are elected each spring for the following academic year. FDMA Leadership will recommendation letter from the Faculty Advisor, as well as receive an FDMA cord to be worn on graduation day.
FDMA offers students opportunities for leadership, fashion career exploration, networking, global/local community service, and monthly club meetings with fashion professionals. Each active member will receive a letter of active participation from the Faculty Advisor.
- A student at Liberty University with an interest in Fashion Design and Merchandising.
- Active participation in service projects during meetings.
- Attendance of 2/3 fall semester association meetings and 2/3 spring semester association meetings.
Fall 2022 Meeting Dates at 5:30 -6:30 p.m.
- Meeting 1: Tuesday, September 27 (DeMoss 4322)
- Workshop 1: Thursday, October 13 (DeMoss 4116)
- Meeting 2: Tuesday, October 25 (DeMoss 4322)
- Workshop 2: Thursday, November 3 (DeMoss 4116)
- Meeting 3: Tuesday, November 29 (DeMoss 4322)
- Louise Matera, President
- Freedom Peters, Vice President
- Teal Bailey, Secretary
- Caleb Hibbs, Public Relations & Project Manager
- Caroline Stiles, Social Media Management Officer
- Krislyn Grigg, Historian