Texting Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions of service carefully before you launch mobile products, services or applications provided by Liberty University. These terms and conditions of service represent the agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Liberty University, Inc. (“Liberty University”) with respect to the Liberty University application service (the “Liberty University Service” or “Service”). All references herein to “you” and “your” means you, your employees, agents, and contractors, and any other entity on whose behalf you accept these terms and conditions, all of whom shall also be bound by this Agreement. Your use of the Liberty University Service indicates that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not launch or otherwise use the Liberty University application.
Liberty University may revise these terms and conditions at any time, with or without notice to you. You should visit Liberty.edu from time to time to review the then-current terms and conditions of the Liberty University Service.
Liberty University’s SMS Service
The Liberty University SMS Service interacts with you by delivering content, information, promotional offerings, coupons, etc. to your mobile device. There is no monthly fee associated with the use of this service; however, text messaging and data charges billed by your carrier may apply. Liberty University subscribers will receive around 5 messages a month, determined by the contact requests from the subscribers.
Liberty University has an SMS service for parking notifications at our Parking Garages from our short codes 24515 and 24502.
Note: You will receive one message with an information about the parking situation per opt in.
Liberty University Online Academy Enrollment SMS Promotions – 88741
- LUOA will contact those that inquire, apply, or are enrolled with promotions for scholarships or fee applications.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text STOP to the short code. After you send the SMS message STOP to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at LUOAInfo@liberty.edu
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies based on enrollment; up to six messages per month. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
LU Votes SMS Service
LU Votes SMS Promotions – 48683
- Liberty University will contact those that subscribe to the Pray Think Vote initiative with SMS information related to voter resources, registration, and events.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text STOP to the short code. After you send the SMS message STOP to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from the Pray Think Vote campaign. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency may vary. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
You can cancel your receipt of mobile alerts at any time by texting the word STOP to the 24502 or 24515.
For assistance, text HELP to the 24502 or 24515 for more SMS service information or you can reach us at email@example.com.
Message and data rates may apply.
You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed.
After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
For privacy policies, visit our web page.
For more information, call 866-447-2869.
All costs associated with receiving a text message are the responsibility of the individual receiving the message. A list of carriers that are currently supported include but are not limited to AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Cellular One, Virgin Mobile, Boost, T-Mobile, Cricket, U.S. Cellular, Google Voice, and Ntelos. Check with your mobile operator for details on receiving text messages (SMS). Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages
Your Location & Other Personal Information
Safe & Lawful Use of the Liberty University Service
You agree to comply with the following when using the Liberty University Service:
- You may not use the Liberty University Service for any illegal, unauthorized, unintended, unsafe, hazardous, or unlawful purposes, or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement.
- You may not use the Liberty University Service while operation.
You are responsible for any fees assessed by your wireless telephone carrier to access the Liberty University Service, including any data plan charges, text messaging charges, tolls, out-of-area roaming, or other telephone connection charges.
Liberty University reserves the right to terminate your access to the Liberty University Service at any time for any or no reason and without notice to you.
You may terminate the Liberty University Service at any time by (i) text messaging “STOP” to “24502 or 24515,” (ii) emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, (iii) sending a letter to Liberty University, 1971 University Blvd, Lynchburg, Virginia, 24515, or (iv) calling Liberty University Customer Support at (888) 308-7110 (Ext. 101). Any such cancellation by you will become effective when processed by Liberty University. Upon any termination of your Liberty University Service, Liberty University will have no liability to you or any further obligations under this Agreement.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, in no event will Liberty University, its licensors and suppliers, or agents or employees of any of the foregoing, be liable for any decision made or action was taken by you or anyone else in reliance on the information provided by the Liberty University Service. You are responsible for the entire risk arising out of your use of the Liberty University Service.
The Liberty University Service is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Liberty University disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will Liberty University or its licensors (or their licensors and suppliers) be liable to you or anyone else for any loss, injury, or damages (including but not limited to any compensatory, punitive, special, incidental, indirect, exemplary or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with the use by you or anyone else of the Liberty University Service, any defects in the Liberty University Service, or any breach of this Agreement, even if Liberty University or its licensors have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Liberty University and its licensors (including their respective licensors, suppliers, assignees, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and the respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and representatives of each of them) free and harmless from and against any liability, loss, injury (including injuries resulting in death), demand, action, cost, expense, or claim of any kind or character, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Liberty University Service.
Governing Law; Forum Selecting
This Agreement and performance hereunder will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts sitting in Lynchburg, Virginia. Any action arising from this Agreement must be brought in a court sitting in Lynchburg, Virginia.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Liberty University and you with respect to the subject matter hereof. Liberty University’s or your failure to require performance of any provision will not affect that party’s right to require performance at any time thereafter, nor will a waiver of any breach or default of this Agreement constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself. If any provision herein is held unenforceable, then such provision will be ignored, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
You may not resell, assign, or transfer any of your rights hereunder. Any such attempt may result in termination of this Agreement, without liability to Liberty University. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Liberty University may assign this Agreement to any affiliate, successor company or third party company at any time without notice.
By using the Liberty University Service, you consent to receive from Liberty University all communications, including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures or other information in connection with the Liberty University Service (collectively, “Notices”) electronically. Liberty University may provide such Notices by posting them on Liberty University’s website or by sending such Notices to your wireless device. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Liberty University Service.
If you have any questions regarding the terms of this Agreement, please contact Liberty University via (i) email at email@example.com, (ii) mail at Liberty University, 1971 University Blvd, Lynchburg, Virginia, 24515, or (iii) phone at 866-447-2869.