Become an Industry Leader in Project Management with an MBA from Liberty
Liberty’s Master of Business Administration in Project Management provides students like you a solid foundation of effective tools and methods needed to bring critical projects from start to finish. Learn how to budget your organization’s resources, time, and money to lead to success.
There’s never been a better time to earn your MBA in project management. According to the Project Management Institute (PMI), the United States has had a projected 700,000 project management positions they’ve needed to fill between 2010 and 2020! These positions will continue to change and evolve, with new openings all around the globe well beyond 2020.
With Liberty’s MBA in project management, you can gain the credentials and training you need to pursue a rewarding career in business and project management.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Project Management Degree?
At Liberty, we have designed our Master of Business Administration programs to center on industry best practices so that you can graduate ready to put your degree to use.
Our School of Business will provide you with a variety of resources and career growth opportunities. Benefits you will receive from our program include:
- An average of 40 guest speakers brought into the School of Business classrooms each year.
- Professors that spend time mentoring and praying for their students by name.
- A free HandShake networking platform account so you can connect with employers from around the globe.
Choose a program that is known for getting results:
- 75% of residential faculty have terminal degrees and industry experience.
- Our graduates work for the “Big Four” accounting firms: Deloitte, Ernst & Young (EY), PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), and Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG).
- Liberty graduates work for companies like Apple and Google.
What Will You Learn in Our MBA in Project Management Degree?
Our Master of Business Administration in Project Management will help equip you with vital Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) concepts. These included the project management best practices, processes, terminologies, and guidelines that are accepted as standard within the industry today.
Your MBA courses in project management will help you advance your business knowledge while teaching you how to reduce project duration and effectively lead a team from project initiation to completion. Additionally, you will have the choice of one business elective course to specialize in your unique degree further.
You will also study vital business concepts in marketing, finance, business law, market research, organizational design, global economics, human resources, and operations management. With a variety of advanced business skills, you will have the flexibility to conquer ever-changing challenges in the business field.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information.
BUSI 680 – Advanced Project Management I
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course is the first of a two-course series covering advanced topics in Project Management, cross-referenced with PMBOK concepts.
- Study project selection and definition, aligning projects with organizational strategy/structure/culture, estimating project times and costs, developing the project plan, managing risk, and scheduling resources and costs.
BUSI 681 – Advanced Project Management II
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This is the second of a two-course series covering advanced topics in Project Management, cross-referenced with PMBOK concepts.
- Topical coverage includes: reducing project duration, leading and managing project teams, outsourcing, progress and performance measurement and evaluation, project closure, and agile project management.
BUSI 682 – Global Project Management
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Advanced coverage of Project Management concepts and techniques as applied to various political, cultural, and geographic settings.
- Study outsourcing initiatives, the global integrated logistics support process, virtual global software projects, developing multinational teams, risk assessment in global projects, and program/project portfolio management.
STCO 532 – Media Technologies and Communication Strategies
This course examines established and emerging media technologies used by various organizations in communicating specific messages to diverse audiences.
Highlights of Our Master of Business Administration – Project Management Degree
- Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- We tailor our graduate business degrees to the working professions. Take evening classes, one-week intensives, and online courses to make your degree better fit your busy schedule.
- Our 78,000-square-foot School of Business provides you with:
- Get involved with our business-related student organizations and honor societies.
- 3+1 Accelerated Business Program, so you can get your bachelor’s and master’s in just four years.
MBA in Project Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Project Management MBA Degree Graduates
- Chief Executive Officer
- College Instructor
- Community Relations Coordinator
- Corporate Development Associate
- Entrepreneur/Business Owner
- Export/Import Business Manager
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 15 hours of upper level (300-400 level) undergraduate coursework in business, or our BMAL 590 course with a graduate GPA of 3.0
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account