A course substitution request is made when a student desires to substitute one course for a required course when a clear relationship exists between the two. This form may also be used for a complete replacement of a Liberty course requirement.
Course Substitution Process
- Visit the LU Transfer Suite
- Make your selection. Either the second or third option, based on your request
- A decision will be emailed within 5-7 business days after submission
How a Course Substitution applies to the Degree Completion Plan Audit (DCPA):
- An approved course substitution will apply in the degree requirement(s) but will not change the course prefix and number on a transcript, nor will it change the GPA.
- A lower-level course substituting for an upper-level requirement is not able to count toward the number of upper-level hours required.
- Changing programs or breaking enrollment may nullify the request.
- When there is a change in major, an approved course substitution applying to a General Education course may continue to apply (please email firstname.lastname@example.org in these cases).
- One course may fulfill both a General Education requirement and a Directed Elective requirement. (Consult your Advisor for more information).
- The replacement course should fulfill at least 2/3 of the credit requirement of the required course in the program.
- A graduate course is not able to be applied to an undergraduate program.
- Resident Transfer Students: If you think a transfer course is equivalent to a Liberty requirement, please visit the LU Transfer Suite to have your transfer course reevaluated. At any point prior to degree conferral, students may petition to have courses that are listed as electives (i.e. ELEC 1XX/2XX/3XX) substitute for required courses by using the Course Substitution Form
- School of Engineering (SOE) Majors: For its major courses and other required courses found on the right-side of the Degree Completion Plan, this school utilizes a different course substitution form and process. Therefore, please use the SECS Course Substitution Form
- If the request form has incorrect or insufficient information, there will be a delay
- If the request involves a 300 or 400-level required course, there may be a delay