Resident Undergraduate Transfer Credit Information
We’re here to help you if you are thinking of applying, have been accepted, or you are a current student who plans to take a course at another institution.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I request to take a course at another institution?
- How much credit might be granted before applying for admission?
- How do I substitute an elective (or any) course to meet a DCP requirement?
- How do I receive credit for Advanced Placement (AP) courses?
- Why are my transfer credits not showing on my transcript on ASIST?
- How does LU convert quarter hours into semester hours?
- How do I find forms not appearing on the website?
- What credit do I receive for developmental courses?
Take a Course at Another Institution
Current students are able to obtain approval to take a course at another institution and know how the course will transfer to Liberty University by submitting a Future Course Request
If you are transferring credit from any of the institutions below you may use the equivalency guide to determine how a course will transfer.
Virginia Community College System (VCCS Transfer Guide)
North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS Transfer Guide)
Richard Bland College Transfer Guide
Pensacola Transfer Guide
Bob Jones Transfer Guide
College of Southern Maryland Transfer Guide
Community Christian College
*Equivalency guides are subject to change.
Prospective Student Consultation
Prospective students should apply for an Unofficial Transfer Consultation (UTC). The consultation will provide you with the following information:
- Projection of how many credit hours will transfer
- Projection of what courses will transfer
- Projection of how the credit will apply to your Degree Completion Plan (DCP)
A course substitution is a request to allow a required course on your DCP to be replaced by another, non-equivalent course. If approved, the course will apply to your Degree Completion Plan (DCP) where appropriate.
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit
Once you have been accepted to Liberty University and the official College Board reports for your AP credit have been received, the appropriate credit, based on Liberty University departmental guidelines, will be awarded.
Transfer credits not showing in ASIST
When your transfer evaluation is being updated, the previous transfer credits are temporarily not viewable but will reappear shortly with any new transfer credits.
Convert Quarter Hours into Semester Hours
Liberty University multiplies quarter hours by 0.67. For example, if you have earned 6 quarter hours they will be converted to 4 semester hours.
Forms that do not appear on the web must be obtained from the Registrar’s Office or your Academic Advisor.
Developmental and remedial courses are not transferable and will not count toward your degree at Liberty University.