Dr. Debbie Maddox serves as an associate professor at Liberty University. She started in the FNP/DNP program as an adjunct faculty, teaching online DNP courses, and now teaches a variety of online and residential courses in the program.
Prior to coming to Liberty, Dr. Maddox served in several leadership positions at Centra Health including Unit Manager, Director of Education & Quality, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Executive Director of the PACE Program, and Director of Population Health. During her tenure with the health care system, she worked collaboratively with the administration and provider community to develop policies, patient care protocols, and quality care metrics for improving patient outcomes. She worked with various committees to review and implement the CMS and Joint Commission regulations promoting and monitoring ongoing compliance. Dr. Maddox worked with nursing graduates in the surgical and orthopedic units to provide learning opportunities and support during their orientation and first year of transition from students to professional nurses.
Dr. Maddox has also served as a family nurse practitioner since 2009. She initially worked with the geriatric population in the rehab and long-term care settings before moving to family practice. She continues part-time in a family practice clinic. Her focus is chronic disease management and disease prevention.
Dr. Maddox has been involved in several medical missions to Jamaica and Brazil. She also served on mission teams for Hurricane Katrina in Biloxi and D’Iberville Mississippi. She has participated with several church mission teams in Lumberton, NC rebuilding communities after Hurricane Matthew. Dr. Maddox currently serves on the Health Ministry Team and Volunteers at the Food Bank at Timberlake United Methodist Church.
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau Psi Delta (LU Chapter)
- NURS 712 Advanced Health Assessment for Nurse Practitioners
- NURS 718 Informatics, Technology & Trends for Transforming Healthcare
- NURS 730 Family Nurse Practitioner I
- NURS 737 Family Nursing II: Chronic Health
- NURS 740 Family Nurse Practitioner I
- NURS 741 Family Nurse Practitioner I
- NURS 742 Nursing Seminar: Issues in Global Health
- NURS 743 Family Nurse Practitioner II
- NURS 744 Family Nurse Practitioner II
- NURS 834 Health Care Operations & Financial Management
- NURS 841 DNP Practicum !I
- NURS 842 DNP Practicum III
- NURS 843 DNP Practicum IV
- NURS 844 DNP Practicum V
- NURS 947 Scholarly Project Planning
- NURS 948 Scholarly Project I
- NURS 949 Scholarly Project II
- NURS 950 Scholarly Project Defense
- Chronic Disease Management
- Geriatric Medicine
- Population Health