Dr. Goodrich was saved at the age of 23. She is member of Thomas Road Baptist Church which was started by Dr. Jerry Falwell and feels blessed to be able to attend such a wonderful church. Dr. Goodrich has been a registered nurse for over 40 years. She initially graduated from a diploma program in Poughkeepsie, New York, completed a BSN at Russell Sage College in Troy, New York, earned a MSN at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, a certificate in gerontology (post masters) at Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Virginia, and a doctorate in education from the University of Sarasota, Sarasota, Florida. She has worked in various nursing roles including staff nurse, nurse manager, nurse educator, clinical nurse specialist, Magnet™ Program Director, and Research Coordinator. Dr. Goodrich has been a full time faculty member at Liberty University since 1996. She has taught med-surg, pharmacology, community health, undergraduate research and one of her favorites, pain management. Dr. Goodrich is currently certified as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) through the National League for Nurses. Her areas of research interest include pain management, leadership and education topics. She enjoys exercising (especially aqua aerobics) and cooking.
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Sigma Theta Tau: Psi Delta Chapter
- National League for Nursing
- NURS 225 Nursing Research
- NURS 420 Pain Management
- NURS 440 Community Health Nursing
- NURS 495 Directed Research
- NURS 520 Pain Management
- NURS 716 Application of Evidence-Based Care
- NURS 836 Translational Research in Healthcare
- NURS 839 Proposal Development
- NURS 843 DNP Practicum IV
Publications (peer-reviewed articles)
- Goodrich, C.A., Woodley, K.S., Morrison, E.M.& Garrett, E.H. (1998). Enhancing intravenous services: A CQI approach. Quality Progress, 31, 75-79.
- Goodrich, C.A. & Ward, C.W. (2004). Evaluation and revision of a clinical advancement program. MEDSURG Nursing, 13, 391-398.
- Goodrich, C.A. (2006). Students’ and faculty members’ knowledge and attitudes regarding pain management: A descriptive survey. Journal of Nursing Education, 45 (3), 140-142.
- Ward, C.W. & Goodrich, C.A. (2007). A clinical advancement process revisited: A descriptive study. MEDSURG Nursing, 16 (3), 169-73.
- Contributor: Magnet Director’s Toolkit: A guide to Collecting Evidence and Writing Narratives (Copyright 2006, ISBN: 1-57839-784-7).
- Goodrich, C.A. (2021). Let’s Talk About Scrubs: A Reflection During COVID-19. Nursing Management, 52 (3).
- Goodrich, C.A. (2021). Precipitating Factors Related to the Formation of Grandfamilies. Journal of Pediatric Surgical Nursing, 10 (3).
- Goodrich, C.A. (2022). Impact of a Pandemic on Nursing Students: A Cross Sectional Mixed Methods Study of Anxiety, Stress, and PTSD. Journal of Christian Nursing.
- Educational Innovations in the classroom (NURS 420 Pain Management Elective)
- Quasi-experimental project entitled: Do intentional learning opportunities reinforce skills for engaging in evidence-based practice and research initiatives
- Adult Health/Aging Issues
- Leadership Pain Management