BS in Nursing: Accelerated Pre-Licensure (BSN)
Residential Degree in Nursing: Accelerated Pre-Licensure (BSN)
Earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Accelerated Pre-Licensure (BSN) from Liberty University, and start your next chapter with a rewarding career in the nursing field. The accelerated BSN programs provide a pathway to the BSN for those students who already have a Bachelor’s degree in another field. In the accelerated program, students will be able to complete the program in 19 months.
As a student in the School of Nursing, you will be taught by experienced professors who are grounded in their Christian faith. Our faculty are committed to helping you succeed both as a student and as an individual.
Through our program, you’ll learn how to apply personal and professional Christian values as you provide nursing care for individuals, families, and groups in your community.
To qualify for the Accelerated BSN programs, you must be seeking a second bachelor’s degree.
Academics: Nursing: Accelerated Pre-Licensure (B.S.)
124 total hours
Degree Completion Plan
Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Accelerated Pre-Licensure Program: BA/BS (2nd Degree)
(Link not currently available)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA (all college course work including dual enrollment in high school) Note: In addition to the cumulative GPA requirement when transferring in credits from outside Liberty, the Liberty University portion of the cumulative GPA must also be at least 3.25.
- 55 transferable credits to the Nursing Degree Completion Plan
- Must have prerequisites completed by the end of the semester prior to starting the program.
- BIOL 213/214 & 215/216 – Anatomy & Physiology I & II
- CHEM 107 – General/Organic Chemistry
- NURS 115 – Pre-licensure Pathophysiology
- BIOL 203 – Microbiology
- NURS 104 – Introduction to Nursing/Medical Terminology
If you do not meet all the above requirements, you may be eligible to apply to the BS in Nursing: Pre-Licensure program.
Start Your Nursing Career
The Liberty University School of Nursing (LUSON) anticipates admission to the Accelerated BSN program for Summer 2023.
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
*You must apply and be accepted to Liberty first before accessing the BSN Program application.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master’s degree program in nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice program, and the post-graduate APRN certificate program at Liberty University School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791.
Simulation Center Accreditation
The Liberty University School of Nursing Simulation Center is fully accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare in the areas of Teaching/Education. Accreditation is for the period of June 20, 2018 – December 31, 2023.