Bachelor of Education in ESL (Grades P-12)
Residential Bachelor of Education in English as a Second Language Education, Grades P-12 (B.Ed.) – Licensure
Make an impact on young lives with your Bachelor of Education in English as a Second Language Education, Grades P-12 degree. In Liberty University’s School of Education, you’ll learn to instruct and develop courses in ESL education. Our education methods classes are designed to give you the tools to meet the needs of every learner. You’ll learn how to utilize the strengths all students bring to the classroom. In-field classroom experiences throughout the program will allow you to put the theory you learn into practice. Classes in grammar, linguistics, and cultural anthropology will prepare you to teach these subjects.
Our courses are taught from a Christian perspective by educators with years of experience in language education. Liberty faculty will show you how to view teaching through a biblical worldview. You’ll be ready to make a positive impact in public, private, community, or homeschool settings.
The B.Ed. in English as a Second Language Education is the perfect degree for individuals who are passionate about teaching English. This degree will allow you to begin a career in English as a Second Language Education. You’ll have the opportunity to gain state licensure and the qualifications needed in English as a Second Language Education for grades P-12.
- Program Expectations & Advising Resources for B.Ed. in English as a Second Language Education
- Licensure information for the B.Ed. in English as a Second Language Education
- Get more info on the B.Ed. degrees at Liberty University
The English as a Second Language Education, Grades P-12 (B.Ed.) degree is also available online.
Academics: English as a Second Language Education, Grades P-12
120 total credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured English as a Second Language Education Courses
- Modern Grammar (ENGL 333)
- Introduction to Cultural Anthropology (LING 300)
- World Languages (LING 453)
- Applied Linguistics (TESL 302)
- Second Language Acquisition (TESL 403)
Career Opportunities in ESL Education
Upon graduation, you will have the opportunity to gain state licensure and become certified to teach English as a Second Language Education in grades P-12.
- Secondary English as a Second Language (ESL) School Teacher
- K-12 Education Consultant
- K-12 Curriculum Coordinator