B.Ed. Elementary Education: Middle Grades Science
Residential Degree in Elementary Education: Middle Grades Science – Licensure
Increase your teaching skills with the B.Ed. in Elementary Education: Middle Grades Science from Liberty University. Here, you’ll not only gain the licensure you need to teach, but you’ll also get the practical, ethical, and legal understanding you need to meet the challenges of today’s teaching environments.
The B.Ed in Elementary Education: Middle Grades Science degree will give you two endorsements: one in elementary education and the other in middle grades Science 6-8. This attractive program makes you eligible for a Virginia state teaching license in two areas. To obtain a license in another state, follow reciprocity guidelines established by that state’s Department of Education.
Enjoy in-person classroom study with experienced faculty who are committed to providing quality education based on the principles of God’s Word. Develop a biblical worldview along with the type of leadership skills you’ll need in the classroom.
Students selecting and completing this cognate will have the opportunity to complete several content-specific courses in science. These courses will include environmental science, general chemistry, and astronomy.
- Program Expectations & Advising Resources for the B.Ed. in Elementary Education: Middle Grades Science
- Licensure information for the B.Ed. in Elementary Education: Middle Grades Science
- Learn more about the B.Ed. in Elementary Education
- Get more info on the B.Ed. degrees at Liberty University
- See the online B.Ed. in Elementary Education: Middle Grades Science degree
Academics: Elementary Education (B.Ed.): Middle Grades Science
131 total credit hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Elementary Education Courses
- Introduction to Astronomy (PHSC 121)
- Introduction to Education and Classroom Technologies (EDUC 201)
- Environmental Science (NASC 315)
- Teaching Elementary and Middle School Science (EDUC 324)
- Elementary School Curriculum (EDUC 410)
- Middle School Curriculum and Instruction (EDUC 412)
Career Opportunities in Elementary Education
A teaching license is required for many careers in the field of education. This degree leads to initial licensure in the state of Virginia. Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity. The Bachelor of Education degree will prepare you for a teaching career through studies of child development and cognitive processes. You will also explore research-based pedagogical approaches and instructional strategies. Course work will require you to complete projects and lesson plans that focus on science content. You will then complete the degree with a semester of student teaching that will acclimate you to the role of being a teacher.