B.Ed. Elementary Education: Middle Grades English
Residential Degree in Elementary Education: Middle Grades English – Licensure
Enhance your opportunities as an educator with the B.Ed. in Elementary Education: Middle Grades English from Liberty University. Here, you’ll not only gain the licensure you need to teach, but you’ll learn how to help children from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds achieve their educational best.
The B.Ed in Elementary Education: Middle Grades English degree will give you two endorsements: one in elementary education and the other in middle grades English 6-8. This attractive program makes you eligible for a Virginia state teaching license in two areas. To obtain a license in another state, follow reciprocity guidelines established by that state’s Department of Education.
Enjoy in-person classroom study with experienced faculty who are committed to providing quality education based on the principles of God’s Word. Develop a biblical worldview along with the type of leadership skills you’ll need in the classroom.
Students selecting and completing this cognate will have the opportunity to complete several content-specific courses in English. These courses will include expository writing and modern grammar.
- Program Expectations & Advising Resources for the B.Ed. in Elementary Education: Middle Grades English
- Licensure information for the B.Ed. in Elementary Education: Middle Grades English
- Learn more about the B.Ed. in Elementary Education
- Get more info on all the B.Ed. degrees at Liberty University
- See the online B.Ed. in Elementary Education: Middle Grades English degree
Academics: Elementary Education (B.Ed.): Middle Grades English
130 total hours
Program of Study
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
- Introduction to Education and Classroom Technologies (EDUC 201)
- World Literature I (ENGL 221)
- Teaching Reading to Diverse Learners (EDUC 318)
- Modern Grammar (ENGL 333)
- Elementary School Curriculum (EDUC 410)
Career Opportunities in Elementary Education
A teaching license is required for many careers in the field of education. This degree leads to initial licensure in the state of Virginia. Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity. The Bachelor of Education degree will prepare you for a teaching career through studies of child development and cognitive processes. You will also explore research-based pedagogical approaches and instructional strategies. Course work will require you to complete projects and lesson plan that focus on English content. You will then complete the degree with a semester of student teaching that will acclimate you to the role of being a teacher.