The most important part of effective note-taking is actually going to class and taking notes! Getting the notes from a friend after missing class is no substitute for being there and taking them yourself.
- Always include the date and the topic title in your notes.
- Choose a style that works best for you: outline, paragraph, visual word maps, etc.
- Don’t get bogged down trying to write every word. Focus on capturing main ideas.
- Compare your notes with a friend’s to ensure you have the correct information.
- Study your notes within 24 hours of taking them, when your memory is still fresh.