Inspire and Guide Others in Honoring God with Liberty’s Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership
Do you have a passion for leading worship? If you desire to gain a deeper understanding of the principles and skills needed to be a worship leader, then Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership is for you! Learn the principles behind successful planning, staff development, organizing, and decision-making at the senior levels of worship leadership.
At Liberty, we take music seriously. We also know the skills needed to fill the role of worship pastor. You will acquire a firm background in theology, as well as develop a strategy for teaching theology as a worship leader. We will teach you the various roles the worship leader holds within the mandates of the overall church mission. Our School of Music is the seventh-largest school of music in the nation, and we have the resources and expertise to teach you how to be successful in your ministry, mission, or discipleship program.
Partner with us to develop both your leadership and worship skills. You can fulfill your passion for reaching people with the gospel and use your abilities to teach and preach to tomorrow’s Champions for Christ. Get started today. A rewarding career in a field you love is calling!
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Arts in Worship Studies – Leadership?
Your career in worship and ministry leadership starts right here at Liberty. Our campus houses a 141,000-square-foot Center for Worship with countless rehearsal rooms, Mac labs, and a $2.2 million recording studio. We have the tools and the ability to help you reach your fullest potential.
As a worship studies student, you will have access to all of these resources, as well as our Liberty Music Group (LMG) publishing company. Many of our graduates have gone on to become award-winning Christian artists and songwriters using the skills they developed on our industry-standard equipment.
All of our music degrees are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). This means you can be confident that your résumé will be well-respected among churches and schools across the country. And the most important part of studying at Liberty University is that we share your passion for the gospel and your desire to do all you can to fulfill the Great Commission.
What Will You Learn in Our M.A. in Worship Studies – Leadership?
Gain a better understanding of the purpose and practice of a theology of worship in the local church. As a master’s student in worship studies, you will examine doctrine with an emphasis on Christ, the Holy Spirit, salvation, and the church as a whole. This will better prepare you to use your worship leadership position to spread the gospel.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Our worship studies courses highlight the role of the worship leader. Your relationship with the pastor and your special part in the ministry set the tone for more than just musical performance. Helping to form a cohesive worship team will provide a firm foundation for the vision of your church and will play a vital role in its connection to the individual worshipper.
Your leadership specialization will first introduce you to the characteristics and responsibilities of a good leader as they relate to the worship leader. You will then learn to apply some of your knowledge to the organizing of your staff and how to develop your decision-making ability. You will also study some of the aspects of your role as a worship leader and how it relates to the education and discipleship programs and various ministries that your ministry might run.
Our courses are designed to help shape you both as a leader and as a teacher of Scripture. Use your God-given talent to help reach others through music.
Review the Degree Completion Plan and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
WRSP 510 – Biblical Foundations of Worship
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The principles of worship as found in the Old and New Testaments
- The Tabernacle as a model of worship, worship in the lives of biblical characters, and the biblical roots of worship practices developed by the early church
WRSP 520 – The Role of the Worship Leader
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- A study of the many and varied roles and relationships of the worship leader
- The special relationship between the worship leader and the pastor, worship leader and other staff members, singers/instrumentalists, and the congregation
WRSP 530 – Principles of Leadership for the Worship Leader
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The characteristics and responsibilities of a good leader as they relate to the worship leader
- Planning, organizing, staff development, and decision-making
WRSP 635 – Building a Theology of Worship
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The purpose and practice of a theology of worship in the local church
- Cognitive theology that includes the understanding and discovery of a biblical theology of worship and music
- Practical application of theology which includes developing a strategy for teaching theology as a worship leader
- The class is guided by a series of projects whereby students build a personal theology for private and public worship
Highlights of Our Master’s in Worship Studies – Leadership Degree
- Nearly a 100% job placement rate for our recent residential graduate students.
- 141,000-square-foot Center for Worship has been voted “Best of the Best in Higher Education” six years in a row by Worship Leader Magazine.
- We offer exceptional opportunities for our students including our 2.2 million dollar state-of-the-art recording studio and songwriting labs. In partnership with the Michael W. Smith Center for Commercial Music, students also have the opportunity to have their original music published before they graduate!
- Designated as an “All Steinway” school.
- Liberty University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) and is regionally accredited by SACSCOC.
- School of Music was rated #1 Christian Music School by Christian Universities Online.
- One of the nation’s largest music schools.
- 44 full-time faculty with degrees from many of the most prestigious music schools in the nation.
- Our students have produced albums that have been nominated for awards with Liberty alumni going on to become Dove award-winning Christian artists and songwriters.
Worship Studies – Leadership Master’s Degree Information
Potential Career Opportunities for Worship Studies – Leadership Graduates
- Choir director
- Minister of music
- Music and family minister
- Program director for contemporary worship
- Worship pastor
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Self-certification form for students in the final term of their bachelor’s degree
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing