Advance Your Career in Public Administration with Integrity and Excellence
Let us help you achieve your goal of advancement, whether that’s in the field of education, civil service, development, or federal government. Earning an MBA in public administration gives you advanced training and studies in best practices to provide the best success for public services and organizations. If you want to use the best techniques from business to help steward public services, Liberty’s MBA in public administration will give you the training you need.
With Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ, you can be confident that your degree is founded on strong biblical principles. Earning an MBA from Liberty will train you for excellence and integrity in all you do.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Public Administration Degree?
At Liberty, we have designed our MBA to help students develop academically while learning experientially from professors with years of industry experience. Let us help you connect with faculty, professionals, and peers that will be instrumental in your career success.
Our School of Business will provide you with a variety of resources and career growth opportunities. Benefits you will receive from our program include:
- An average of 40 guest speakers brought into the School of Business classrooms each year.
- Professors that spend time mentoring and praying for their students by name.
- A free HandShake networking platform account so you can connect with employers from around the globe.
Choose a program that is known for getting results:
- 75% of residential faculty have terminal degrees and industry experience.
- Our graduates work for the “Big Four” accounting firms: Deloitte, Ernst & Young (EY), PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), and Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG).
- Liberty graduates work for companies like Apple and Google.
What Will You Learn in Our MBA in Public Administration Degree?
With Liberty’s Master of Business Administration in Public Administration, you will examine the politics of government bureaucracy and the current emerging trends, while developing practical approaches to community economic development.
You will also study vital business concepts in marketing, finance, business law, market research, organizational design, global economics, human resources, and operations management. With a variety of advanced business skills, you will have the flexibility to conquer ever-changing challenges in the business field.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information.
PADM 501 – Fundamentals of Public Administration
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course serves as an introduction to the discipline of public administration.
- This class explores the various theories and practices that have led to, and continue to dominate the profession and study of public administration.
- Study the politics of government bureaucracy, managing and leading public organizations, the core functions of government administration such as budgeting, public policy implementation, and human resources management, and current trends emerging from the 21st century that are directing and influencing public administration.
PADM 530 – Politics, Strategies, and Initiatives of Community Economic Development
This course will provide an overview of theoretical and practical approaches to community economic development.
PADM 550 – Public Policy Analysis
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course will examine the manner in which various worldviews affect American Public Policy.
- Particular emphasis will be placed on the contrast between the Judeo-Christian worldview and secular humanism, Marxism/Leninism, and Islamic Fundamentalism.
COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
You will analyze theories and research of the role of communication in the conflict in interpersonal, group, organizational, and societal contexts.
Highlights of Our Master of Business Administration – Public Administration Degree
- Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- We tailor our graduate business degrees for the working professions. Take evening classes, one-week intensives, and online courses to make your degree better fit your busy schedule.
- Our 78,000-square-foot School of Business provides you with:
- Get involved with our business-related student organizations and honor societies!
- 3+1 Accelerated Business Program, so you can get your bachelor’s and master’s in just four years.
MBA in Public Administration Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Public Administration MBA Degree Graduates
- Administrative services manager
- Chief executive officer
- Community relations coordinator
- Contract administrator
- Director of development
- Human resource manager
- Public administration consultant
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 15 hours of upper level (300-400 level) undergraduate coursework in business, or our BMAL 590 course with a graduate GPA of 3.0
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account