Gain Mastery in Nonprofit Leadership and Prepare for a Field Dedicated to Giving Back
Do you feel called to use your talents for a career that gives back? Liberty’s MBA in Nonprofit Leadership will help enhance your current business skills while empowering you with mentorship and resources for success in the nonprofit sector.
Liberty’s Master of Business Administration in Nonprofit Leadership and Management is designed to equip you with the academic, spiritual, and personal development you need for an impactful career. Whether you want to serve in a church or parachurch organization, government, or private nonprofit organization, our MBA in Nonprofit Leadership will prepare you to lead with confidence and integrity.
From learning about the grant writing process to creating strategic communication campaigns, your expertise will help you pinpoint the bigger picture and vision of any nonprofit and drive success in an industry dedicated to giving.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Degree?
If you want to conquer the challenges of the non-profit world, you need to develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to stand out in the industry.
Additionally, our Master of Business Administration in Nonprofit Leadership and Management will provide you with a variety of resources and career growth opportunities. Benefits you will receive from our program include:
- An average of 40 guest speakers brought into the School of Business classrooms each year.
- Professors that spend time mentoring and praying for their students by name.
- A free HandShake networking platform account so you can connect with employers from around the globe.
Choose a program that is known for getting results:
- 95% of residential faculty have terminal degrees and industry experience
- Our graduates work in Fortune 100 companies
- 80% of our MBA graduates work in a career related to their field of study
- Liberty grads work for companies like Apple, Google, and Ernst & Young
What Will You Learn in Our MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Degree?
We’ve designed this specific MBA to bring you well-rounded training to prepare you for the industry. In your MBA nonprofit leadership and management, you will develop your ability to create communication campaigns that are vital to the success of any rising or established nonprofit organization. Our courses will help you learn best practices in grant writing and management to sustain and support nonprofit organizations in any field.
You will also study vital business concepts in marketing, finance, business law, market research, organizational design, global economics, human resources, and operations management. With a variety of advanced business skills, you will have the flexibility to conquer ever-changing challenges in the business field.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information.
BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning and Employment
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course will examine the changing nature of the labor market, including conceptual, operational, and legal issues.
- Discussion and activities will focus on the legal, ethical, and economic factors affecting recruitment, selection, placement, and appraisal.
- Students will learn to synthesize theory with application and evaluate the effectiveness of an organization’s workforce planning and employment strategies.
- Understanding strategic organizational considerations and developing decision-making skills related to the staffing process will be emphasized through text readings, case studies, experiential exercises, and secondary research.
STCO 658 – Strategic Communication Campaigns for the Digital Age
An exploration of the use of integrated marketing communication for strategic movement of organizations, products, and services toward growth.
HLTH 553 – Grant Acquisition and Management
This course acquaints students with the “soft” money world of private and public grants, promotes the development of grant writing skills and identifies the practical issues of managing a grant once acquired.
MGMT 602 – Non-Profit Management
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Leaders of nonprofit organizations must understand their role in the diverse political, social and economic contexts in which they will lead.
- This course provides a comprehensive understanding of how to lead a nonprofit organization.
- Students will examine governance, key concepts and the stakeholders involved in nonprofit management.
Highlights of Our Master of Business Administration – Nonprofit Leadership and Management Degree
- We tailor our graduate business degrees for the working professions. Take evening classes, one-week intensives, and online courses to make your degree better fit your busy schedule
- Our MBA degrees are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Our 78,000-square-foot School of Business provides you with:
- Get involved with our business-related student organizations and honor societies
- 3+1 Accelerated Business Program, so you can get your bachelor’s and master’s in just four years
MBA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Nonprofit Leadership MBA Degree Graduates
- Entrepreneur/Business Owner
- Fundraising Manager
- Grant Writer
- Human Resource Manager
- International Ministry Worker
- Nonprofit Brand Manager
- Product Manager
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 15 hours of upper level (300-400 level) undergraduate coursework in business, or our BMAL 590 course with a graduate GPA of 3.0
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a graduation application through their ASIST account