Partner Academic Excellence with Biblical Ethics in a Finance Degree that Prepares You for More!
Are you passionate about liberating people and businesses from economic hardship and debt? Do you desire to educate men and women on how to manage their income and wealth? Our bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in finance will provide the skills and knowledge you need to do it all.
Be known for integrity and professional excellence in any career path in finance you choose. At Liberty, our goal is to Train Champions for Christ by equipping future professionals like yourself with the biblical foundation and academic excellence necessary to stand out in today’s financial industry.
Receive the academic support you need by joining a student organization and our Center for Financial Literacy. Find an internship in major cities such as Washington D.C. through our Career Center’s fellowship programs. We want to partner with you to get the experience you need to land your dream career in finance. Schedule a visit with us to see all of the opportunities that we have waiting for you.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.S. in Finance?
A bachelor’s degree should provide you with more than just a piece of paper. At Liberty, we will come alongside you, providing every opportunity we can to help you develop into the business professional you aspire to be! You deserve to be spiritually mentored, intellectually stimulated, and academically and professionally prepared for an exciting career in business.
We offer a variety of resources to help you succeed in our finance program, such as:
- Our Center for Financial Literacy: attend events and workshops in partnership with the Ron Blue Library. Receive free financial planning resources grounded in biblical financial wisdom.
- Student Financial Literacy Club: where you gain real-world experience putting your knowledge gained in the classroom into practice.
- Internship resources, such as our Career Center and resume critique program. We also have partnerships with major organizations in Washington D.C.
What Will You Learn in Our Finance Bachelor’s Degree?
Master the financial skills that are critical to your success in any business-related career you pursue. With our specialization in finance, you will take classes that cover financial analysis, investment strategy, economic forecasting, and real estate policies.
In addition to the finance-focused courses you’ll take as you progress in this degree, all of our business administration degrees contain a core curriculum in general business, accounting, finance, and marketing in domestic and international marketplaces.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
- ACCT 370: Financial Statement Analysis
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Fundamental techniques of financial statement analysis and their application to strategic planning and decision-making
- Analysis and interpretation of financial information including the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows
- BUSI 321: Money and the Financial System
This course covers the structure and operation of the U.S. and international financial systems, functions of the Federal Reserve, monetary theory, and the impact of monetary policy on financial markets and the economy.
- BUSI 420: Investments
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Corporate securities, financial securities, security markets, investment, portfolio analysis, and administration
- Investment companies, commodity markets, and the stock exchange
- BUSI 422: Real Estate
This course provides an overview of real estate brokerage, property rights, transfer mechanisms and documents, property evaluation, finance, investments, and property management.
Highlights of Our Business Administration: Finance Degree
- Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- Complete internship and capstone courses that allow you to gain invaluable first-hand experience in the field.
- The 78,000-square-foot School of Business building provides you with a simulated stock trading room with New York Stock Exchange display boards, a 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation, our Center for Cyber Excellence and Center for Financial Literacy, and information technology labs and a networking and data center.
- Get involved with our business related student clubs, organizations and honor societies.
- Check out our 3+1 Accelerated Business Program. You can get your business bachelor’s and master’s degree in just four years!
Finance Bachelor’s Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Business Administration: Finance Graduates
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Finance degree prepares you for work in the following occupations:
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker
- Loan officer
- Management consultant
- Real estate agent/broker
- Securities analyst
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- Results from the CLT, SAT, or ACT are not required for admission, but may be used in consideration for merit-based aid.
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.