Dr. Chad Snyder
Professor of Chemistry
Center for Natural Sciences, Room 114
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky
- M.S., Western Kentucky University
- B.S., Kentucky Wesleyan University
Dr. Chad A. Snyder serves as Professor of Chemistry in the Department of Biology & Chemistry at Liberty University. He has been a professor since 2005 and remains active in teaching and research. His teaching interests include general chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic and organometallic chemistry, synthetic and mechanistic organic chemistry, forensic chemistry, and IR and NMR spectroscopy. His research focuses on the synthesis, characterization, and structure of discrete heterocyclic organic and organometallic complexes for electronic materials. Dr. Snyder has published fourteen peer-reviewed manuscripts in the Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, Heterocycles, Transition Metal Chemistry, and the Journal of Sulfur Chemistry and has been awarded over $140k in research grants. His research has also included work on cyanobacteria for the Ft. Wayne Children’s Zoo, a top ten zoo in the U.S.
Dr. Snyder is a member of the American Chemical Society and has consistently supported state research through holding membership, office, and research presentations. He has served as Chair of the Graduate Committee and the Assistant Director for the Materials Characterization Center for Western Kentucky, the Chair of the Department of Science and Mathematics at Grace College, and Vice-Chair of the Indiana Academy of Science Chemistry Section.
Dr. Snyder is an advocate for student research and has delivered more than thirty research presentations that have included student coauthors. He seeks to build tomorrow’s chemists to be leaders within their field, modeling Christ in the role of chemist.
- CHEM 301/301L- Organic Chemistry I and Lab
- CHEM 302/302L- Organic Chemistry II and Lab
- CHEM 471/471L- Inorganic Chemistry and Lab
- CHEM 357/357L- Forensic Chemistry and Lab
- Snyder, C. A., Tice, N. C., Smith, J., Lorenz, W. H., Moseti, C., Malott, B. An environmental chemical investigation into the Ft. Wayne Children’s Zoo African Journey’s pond system: A green approach to maintaining sustainable pond health. Journal of Zoo and Aquarium Research, 2019, manuscript in preparation.
- Tice, N. C.; Collins, E. M., Smith, D. L., Snyder, C. A., Yan, B., Stevens, E. D. Synthesis, Characterization, and Structure of Some 1,4-Disubstituted Cyclopenta[d][1,2]oxazines. J. Heterocylic Chem., 2017, 54, 3235-3240.
- Snyder, C.A.; Tice, N. C.; Mazzotta, M. G. The Synthesis and Characterization of Some Group VII Bromo-Substituted Furyl Complexes. Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-Organic, and Nanometal Chemsitry, 2017, 47, 973–977.
- Mazzotta, M. G.; Young, J. O. E.; Evans, J. W.; Dopierala, L. A.; Claytor, Z. A.; Smith, A. C.; Snyder, C.A.; Tice, N. C.; Smith, D. L. Direct Analysis in Real Time Spectrometry of Fused Ring Heterocyclic Organometallic Compounds. Anal. Methods, 2015, 7, 4003-4007.
- Snyder, C. A.; Tice, N. C.; Cannon, Benjamin; Dopierala, L. A.; The synthesis, characterization, and structure of a series of 4H-thieno[3,4-c]pyrroles and their corresponding pyrrolium cyanoborohydride salts, Journal of Sulfur Chemistry, 2014, 35, 596-605.
- Snyder, C. A.; Tice, N. C. Maddox, J. B,; Young, J. O. E.; Evans, J. W.; Dopierala, L. A.; Shah, S. A.; Claytor, Z. A.; Smith, A. C. Synthesis, Structure, and Electronic Calculations of Novel Group VII Pyridazines. Transition Metal Chemistry, 2013, 38, 801-809.
- Young, J. O. E.; Snyder, C.A.; Tice, N. C.; Sloan, S. L.; Smith, A. C.; Shah, S. A.; Dopierala, L. A.; Crocker, M. S. Synthesis and Characterization of Some Thallium Cyclopentadiene Fused Ring Pyridazines. Synthetic Communications, 2012, 43, 2441-2451.
- Tice, N. C.; Armstrong, J. A.; Maddox, J. B.; Ward, A. S.; Snyder, C. A.; Young, J. O. E. Synthesis, Structure, and Theoretical Calculations of a Furan-Based Molecular Wire, N-[4-(2-Furanylmethyleneamino)benzylidene]furan-2-amine. Heterocycles, 2012, 4, 821-834.
- Tice, N. C.; Snyder, C. A.; Preston, A. Z.; Wieliczko, M. B.; Young, J. O. E.; Hinson, D. F. Synthesis and Structure of Some Group VII 1,2-Diacyl Cyclopentadiene Complexes and their Pyridazine Derivatives. Transition Metal Chemistry, 2012, 37, 141-147.
- Snyder, C. A.; Tice, N. C.; Maddox, J. B.; Thomas, J. Synthesis and Structure of 1H–3,7-difurylcyclopenta[3,4-d]pyridazine, Heterocycles, 2011, 83, 1275-1290.
- Snyder, C. A.; Tice, N. C.; Maddox, J. B.; Emberton, E. D.; Vanover, E. S.; Hinson, D. F.; Jackson, D. C. Synthesis, Structure, and Electronic Study of Some Group VII Furoyl Substituted Complexes, Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, 2011, 696, 2220-2227.
- Snyder, C. A.; Tice, N. C.; Sriramula, P. G.; Neathery, J. L.; Mobley, J. K.; Phillips, C. L.; Preston, A. Z.; Strain, J. M.; Vanover, E. S.; Starling, M. P.; Sahi, N. V.; Bunnell, K. R. Synthesis of new substituted 5,6-fused ring pyridazines for advanced electronic applications. Synthetic Communications 2011, 41, 1357.
- Snyder, C. A.; Bell, Amber J.; Karambelkar Vineet V.; Scott, Joseph B.; Jones, Riley G.; Orosz, Paul J.; Wilson, Jessica M.; Tice, Nathan C. “An Improved Route to Substituted Cyclopenta[c]thiophenes: Synthesis of 5-Alkyl-1,3-dimethyl-4H-cyclopenta[c]thiophenes and Sulfone Ester Precursor,” Kentucky Academy of Sciences 2009, 70, 70–74.
- Snyder, C. A.; Selegue*, John P.; Tice, Nathan C.; Wallace Chad E.; Blankenbuehler, Mark T.; Parkin, Sean; Allen, Keith D. E. “Synthesis, Characterization, and Structure of Cyclopenta[c]thiophenes and their Manganese Complexes,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005, 127, 15010-15011.
- Snyder, C. A.; Selegue*, John P.; Dosunmu, Eniolami; Tice, Nathan C., Parkin, “C,O-Dialkylation of Meldrum’s Acid: Synthesis and Reactivity of 1,3,7,7-Tetramethyl-4H, 10H-6,8,9-trioxa-2-thiabenz[f]azulen-5-one,” J. Org. Chem. 2003, 68, 7455–7459.