BS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Investigative Studies
Residential Criminal Investigation Degree
Train to become a criminal investigator in local, state, and federal law enforcement positions. The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice: Advanced Investigative Studies degree provides world-class, industry-relevant education to future criminal investigators. The industry is challenging, and our degree will lead you through a series of specific investigative courses that will help prepare you for your career.
The Advanced Investigative Studies cognate is designed for students who seek to affect the liberty, safety, and security of the American people through legal and ethical criminal investigations.
Learn How To:
- Evaluate the nature of the criminal justice system from a biblical worldview
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral formats
- Solve various criminal justice dilemmas
Academics for the BS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Investigative Studies
120 total hours
Degree Completion Plan (DCP)
View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Featured Criminal Investigation Courses
- Court & Expert Witness Testimony (CJUS 369)
- Interview & Interrogation (CJUS 405)
- Criminal Investigations II (CJUS 421)
- Criminal Investigations III (CJUS 423)
Law enforcement personnel who can document successful completion from an accredited police officer school in their state may earn up to 14 credit hours toward their degree. Military experience may also be evaluated for potential college credit.
Start Your Career in Criminal Investigation
Criminal Investigation Career Opportunities
- Local Detective
- State Special Agent
- National Level Special Agents
- Military Special Agent