Kappa Delta Pi: LUO Graduate Chapter
Kappa Delta Pi is an international honor society in education with the purpose of promoting excellence in future professionals and recognizing the outstanding contributions made to education. The organization endeavors to maintain a high degree of professional fellowship among its members, quicken professional growth, and honor achievement in educational work.
The Alpha Kappa Eta Chapter of Kappa Delta Pi (for Liberty University Online Graduate students) is an international honor society in education for graduate students and professionals.
- Recognize those who excel academically
- Promote growth in the world of education
- Acknowledge those who display leadership in their work
- Enhance fellowship of others in the field of education
- Fidelity to Humanity. Faith in the potential of human beings to improve through continuing education and experience a more meaningful life.
- Science. Faithful to the cause of inquiry and strives to eliminate prejudice by withholding judgment until accurate knowledge is obtained.
- Service. Seeks advancement for all of humanity by serving and working to achieve peace, justice, and better living.
- Toil. A willingness to complete a task, whether is it is pleasing or not and a faith in the intrinsic value of education.
Become a Chapter Member
Membership is based on high academic achievement, a commitment to education as a career, and a professional attitude that assures the member’s continuance academically and professionally in the field of education.
- Be a graduate or student at an institution offering an education degree
- Must have a plan to continue academically and professionally in the field of education
- Applicants must not have any discipline issues on file
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Completion of at least 12 credit hours of graduate education coursework (6 of these credit hours must have been completed through Liberty University Online)
Applications will be accepted two times a year:
- During the fall semester from September 15-30
- During the spring semester from March 15-31
Invitations to join KDP will be emailed to students who have met the eligibility requirements. The email will provide information regarding international and chapter fees, as well as the induction. Applications submitted outside of these two time-frames will be denied. If you feel that you met the criteria, but did not receive an invitation, please email LUOGraduateKDP@liberty.edu
Do not go directly to the KDP website to apply. KDP has created a special link for our chapter that is only sent out from us in the invitation email.
The application and induction period takes between 4 to 6 weeks.
KDP candidates are required to pay two fees to the chapter.
- The first fee ($50) is the KDP International Fee, and is be paid during the application process.
- The second fee ($15) is for the Alpha Kappa Eta chapter. The link for the second fee will be included in the acceptance email. Do not send this second payment until you receive an acceptance email from the LUO KDP Graduate Chapter.
Because members of Alpha Kappa Eta Chapter (LUO Graduate) reside in various states, there are no requirements for attending meetings or participating in activities. However, we welcome your attendance and participation at any time. Please feel free to contact the counselor or officers.
Dr. Lisa Foster, Counselor
This page is for graduates and professionals. For the undergraduate KDP chapter program please visit the undergraduate chapter page.